1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

SMP Barry vs NYMC

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by banana co., Aug 5, 2006.

1. banana co.

banana co. Junior Member

Pre-Medical
    I was accepted to Barry's SMP a few weeks ago. I just found out today that I got accepted to NYMC's Masters of BMS program.

I applied to medical school this past cycle for Fall 2006 and did not get accepted anywhere. Any thoughts on whether one of these programs would help me more than another? or is it irrelevant as long as you get good grades?

thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. chaeymaey

chaeymaey 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I would go to NYMC since its affiliated with a US MD school. Barry is affiliated with St. George, a Carib school, but a lot of the students in the program go to the local DO school.

4. cap10obvious

cap10obvious New Member

Pre-Medical

I personally went to Barry and have since matriculated at a US MD school. I feel that the Barry Master's Program helped me beyond belief and now have an easier transition into med school. I don't know much about the NYMC program. You should talk to actual students who have graduated from the program, not the faculty and not the students that are currently enrolled. PM me if you have more specific questions :)