Apr 13, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi everyone! I'm planning on enrolling in an academic enhancer SMP/post-bac this fall. So far I've gotten into Tulane's cell & molecular science MS, Touro University's MSMHS program, Barry University's masters of biomedical sciences, Kansas City University of Medicine's biomedical science MS, the Berkeley Extension post-bac, and my application was selected to continue after interviewing for Temple University's ACHS program.
I'm very grateful to have heard nothing but good news in terms of my applications, but now I'm faced with a tough decision to make. I was hoping to hear from former/current students in any of these programs, as well as anyone else with advice as to which program will give me the best shot at an acceptance into medical school.
Thanks in advance!

ReturnToMed

2+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2016
As someone who has done a postbac, its generally better to do a DIY one rather than one of these enhancers unless they have a strong connection to a medical school where if you do well enough they basically accept you.

Reactions: 1 user

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hi everyone! I'm planning on enrolling in an academic enhancer SMP/post-bac this fall. So far I've gotten into Tulane's cell & molecular science MS, Touro University's MSMHS program, Barry University's masters of biomedical sciences, Kansas City University of Medicine's biomedical science MS, the Berkeley Extension post-bac, and my application was selected to continue after interviewing for Temple University's ACHS program.
I'm very grateful to have heard nothing but good news in terms of my applications, but now I'm faced with a tough decision to make. I was hoping to hear from former/current students in any of these programs, as well as anyone else with advice as to which program will give me the best shot at an acceptance into medical school.
Thanks in advance!
Go with the cheapest tuition, a program that has linkage to the med school (like a guaranteed interview or acceptance if your GPA is > X) and is one year in length.

I have interviewed candidates from all of these programs, BTW.

Reactions: 2 users
Apr 13, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Go with the cheapest tuition, a program that has linkage to the med school (like a guaranteed interview or acceptance if your GPA is > X) and is one year in length.

I have interviewed candidates from all of these programs, BTW.
I mostly applied to masters' programs as opposed to certificate programs since I'd rather pay for a degree than basically a fifth year of undergrad. Do admissions committees favor one over the other, or is it just all about the GPA (assuming similar classes)?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.