SMP/Post-bacc for GPA < 3.0

Started by Refreshed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Refreshed

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I finished undergrad in May with a 2.88 GPA and a 28 MCAT (10-8-10). I've been looking at Post-bacc program requirements and almost all of them require a GPA of at least 3.0. My goal is to get into a DO (or MD if possible) school after using a Post-bacc or SMP to improve my GPA.

Which Post-bacc of SMP programs do I have a chance at with a 2.88 overall GPA?

What's the difference between an SMP and a Post-bacc program?

Which would be better for reaching my goal?
 
I finished undergrad in May with a 2.88 GPA and a 28 MCAT (10-8-10). I've been looking at Post-bacc program requirements and almost all of them require a GPA of at least 3.0. My goal is to get into a DO (or MD if possible) school after using a Post-bacc or SMP to improve my GPA.

Which Post-bacc of SMP programs do I have a chance at with a 2.88 overall GPA?

What's the difference between an SMP and a Post-bacc program?

Which would be better for reaching my goal?

You can try VCU's CERT program. I had a 2.84 cgpa when I was accepted there but they have raised their requirements recently. I think bumping your MCAT to 30+ would help a lot.
 
I'm in a similar position as you OP. I have a 3.15cGPA and 3.22sGPA with a 28S (10V, 8PS, 10BS).

I'm applying to Tufts, Georgetown, BU, Drexel IMS, EVMS, and possibly Temple.