SMP Success Stories 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for these all over SDN and im pretty sure a lot of you have as well. So SMP graduates from 2008/2009 speak up! Your success stories will inspire others to never give up the dream. I am a future SMPer starting this fall at RFBMS so I will hopefully have a story to write come next summer. Until then... here are some guidelines:

Please state your...

1) ugGPA and MCAT

2) The SMP you went to

3) Your GPA in the SMP

4) Medical School you currently/will attend OR what you expect now that you have graduated

Members don't see this ad.

I guess youre right. I was just thinking that people would be more forthcoming about there pre-med stats once they have an acceptance into a medical program. After all, who cares about MCAT and ugGPA once youre in??? i know i wouldnt...

I know that if things work out for me as far as my 2010 applications go, I'll happily report back. I don't have much to hide and to be honest, I'd like to provide some hope to people who are currently in my position or will be in the future.

I'll be back in anywhere from seven to ten months to report on any success I may have (*knocks on wood*).

Members don't see this ad :)
TyrKinase will be reporting back for sure. You are in an awesome program now so I have no doubts that we see an update from you in a few months. Your journey has been very inspirational to me and motivates me to keep moving forward no matter what it takes. Thanks, Mark.

Hopefully DrBO and myself will have a success story at RFUMS to share in about a year. :)

Just like TyrKinase...I'll be happy to report back in 2010. These last two years have been verrrryyy interesting. I've gone from somebody with no chance in hell of getting into a U.S. program to somebody with a great chance of making it and I would love to share my experiences with those who need guidance :)

They have a lot of success stories in this forum in the Low GPA thread and the Rate your SMP & Postbac thread..

just wondering if anyone has any good news yet on getting into medical school after (or during) a SMP program?

I would love to hear success stories of those who got into SMP programs (and their stats if they are willing to share), and when they applied to medical school (during or after the completed the SMP), as well as how many secondaries they filled out, how many interviews they got, and how many acceptances (and where if they are willing to share...or atleast USMD, USDO, or caribbean).

Sorry if it is too much to ask, but just really interested in hearing successful stories as they are quite motivating.

I feel like once most people get into their SMP they never come back to this forum, or they might come back once. You might have better luck on the pre-med forums.

I feel like once most people get into their SMP they never come back to this forum, or they might come back once. You might have better luck on the pre-med forums.

I'll stick to my beliefs with maybe 1/20 coming back and most of those only once to tell their story and possibly to respond to comments on their story after. While I'd say at least 10/20 can be found lurking on the pre-med/pre-dent, etc thread as that thread is more useful to them at that point.