SMP vs other MS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CoolBiomedical

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, I have recently completed all of my prerequisites for the various programs I am looking into. (bio, a&p, genchem, organic chem, biochem, etc...) I have mainly been looking into biology programs with a specialization in cellular biology, or cellular biology programs. I became aware of SMPs awhile back and have noticed that many of them seem to have a lot of research work within the programs. I will be calling schools before I send out apps in the Spring, but I thought I would ask people here who might have attended these programs.

Are they suited for someone seeking a career in research who does not want to go for the full-on PhD?