1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

SMPs and waitlists?

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by punkun, Apr 22, 2007.

1. punkun

punkun yeah yeah
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So I applied to med school this year, and I got one interview, which turned into one waitlist. I got news of the waitlist after I applied to a few SMP programs. I am wondering whether or not I should update the SMP's on this info.

On one hand, being on a waitlist shows that I am not a total long-shot for med school one day.

On the other, I don't want the SMP's to pass me by because they think I don't need them or something? While I definitely would choose the med school over SMP, I don't want that to be a deciding factor for them because I feel like getting in this year is improbable for me at this point.

What should I do?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tacrum43

tacrum43 Behold the mighty echidna
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Don't update them about a waitlist. SMPs know that you're trying to get into med school; they expect you to withdraw if you are accepted to a medical school. Besides, if your application is good enough to get an interview, it's likely you'll get into most SMPs.