1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Sn1 Sn2 E1 E2 Videos

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by AllahIsGreater, Jul 29, 2011.

1. AllahIsGreater

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

#1 AllahIsGreater, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. buckey

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    just watched the video. really nice stuff. it was nice to see the stuff talked about plainly. thanks for taking the time to make the videos and best of luck with the admission process

4. wired202808

wired202808 Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

dude great stuff! just watched the first video really good work! sorry to pester you, but if theres any way to get something on either ranking acids/bases or most acidic proton. I would be most appreciate. Thanks again for putting in your time and effort; since you're done and can instead be enjoying the summer! :thumbup:

5. crew09

crew09 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Link :)

Wanted to give a shout out to your team (you and your phone lol). These vids are raw, there's no Alan, or HD Chad, but man I seriously did benefit from them!

I actually laughed so hard I spit out my vitamin water when you mentioned the guy 'goin for a 40 on his DAT' hahaha. Entertaining stuff.

TO OTHERS: DON'T watch this video if you understand SN1 SN2 E1 E2 because it's no worth it, spend your time on other stuff. If you struggle with that topic though I recommend it, it's a different approach not based on mechanisms or nu- evaluation, but rather learning reagents and then using a input/output method.

Kareem,

MORE VIDS! Don't change a thing, your outburts at the ADA and raw video skills help me remember stuff.

6. grldent

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks a lot for posting the videos, they are awesome. Keep up the good work.

7. FrostyFlakes

5+ Year Member

Why is E1 favored with tertiary when heat is added to a weak Nu/Base like water? Is it because basicity is a thermodynamic construct?

8. crew09

crew09 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I think chad talks about this in his video. Basically heat favors entopic rxns more, and Elimination is more entropic than Substitution. That's the gist of what I remember....