SN2e, plz reply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goat1360

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey Sn2e
I am the one who wrote MCAt many times, Do you remember? I just realize I forget many basic points and I have my MCAt end of summer, I decided for first two months start reading and solving from my undergrad books, it is very painful and hard, but do u think it is agood idea? I need a high score:scared: I laready got 12 in science but I need higher as you know, I took all my pre-req like 6 years ago

Members don't see this ad.

hey Sn2e
I am the one who wrote MCAt many times, Do you remember? I just realize I forget many basic points and I have my MCAt end of summer, I decided for first two months start reading and solving from my undergrad books, it is very painful and hard, but do u think it is agood idea? I need a high score:scared: I laready got 12 in science but I need higher as you know, I took all my pre-req like 6 years ago

The MCAT is about understanding basic stuff and problem solving with it.

Going back and getting a bunch of details in a textbook can sometimes be poor time management. It would be better to do what the MCAT tests...

which is understanding basic sciences and then problem solving with that info... I.e. Full Lengths, BR passages, TPR passages, Kaplan passages.

Once you are scoring 12's and higher you are likely not lacking fundamental science knowledge, you now need to hone test skills.

thank, what do you suggest, I have like 4 months to my test, should I start practice differnt test , I need 13-14, I usually miss details in real MCAT, for verbal I used all my vrebal practices, Kaplan, EK, princeton, English is my second language and I am reading books every night, should I practice the same test over and over again?

thank, what do you suggest, I have like 4 months to my test, should I start practice differnt test , I need 13-14, I usually miss details in real MCAT, for verbal I used all my vrebal practices, Kaplan, EK, princeton, English is my second language and I am reading books every night, should I practice the same test over and over again?

Try to get Examkrackers 101 Passages and Princeton Review HYPERLEARNING verbal workbook (amazon or ebay for this one).

Members don't see this ad :)

Setting a goal above 12s across the board is tough... fine being ambitious, but with english as a second language I can't imagine you MUST have 13s/14s. 12/12/12 is a 36. If you are missing details it is hard to get up to a 14 if your english isn't great.

There is nothing special you would do, maybe read a lot BUT your prep will be just like anyone else's. Passages passage passages and make sure you understand the material deeply.

Don't bother with textbooks. That's a huge waste of time. Other than that, stick with the MCAT prep books I recommended previously for content review. If you forgot which books those are, they're listed in my schedule. Also, make sure you do what I said last time.

any suggestions on how to use the TPR science workbook? I'm a retaker too but I didnt use the book.

any suggestions on how to use the TPR science workbook? I'm a retaker too but I didnt use the book.
Just jump in and start going through it and figure out your weaknesses. It's a massive book and takes quite a while to go through. I think the quality of passages in that book are probably the best in their entirety than any other book combined. Their G. Chem, O. Chem, and Physics are a little bit below TBR's (just a little though) but their Bio passages in my opinion are just some of the best out there. They range from easy to very difficult and really force you to use the passage and think about it.

Bottom line: Best resource TPR has by far and since you have your hands on it you should definitely do it.

lDanny: If you haven't started studying, just go through the workbook in sync with your content review. So when you cover force in your chapter, work on force related problems in the workbook. You could also allocate a certain number of passages per day from the workbook. There's basically no one way. It depends on what you need and what you're doing.

LostInStudy: Yeah, I was starting to get too many, especially after I made my schedule. I actually randomly turned it on and didn't tell anyone. Within one day I received 3-4 messages. Furthermore, I think it's better that people post their questions so they get a variety of responses.

lDanny: If you haven't started studying, just go through the workbook in sync with your content review. So when you cover force in your chapter, work on force related problems in the workbook. You could also allocate a certain number of passages per day from the workbook. There's basically no one way. It depends on what you need and what you're doing.

LostInStudy: Yeah, I was starting to get too many, especially after I made my schedule. I actually randomly turned it on and didn't tell anyone. Within one day I received 3-4 messages. Furthermore, I think it's better that people post their questions so they get a variety of responses.
Agreed. Some of the newer members (specifically the ones who don't search first) get the idea in their head that someone like you or even me may have all the answers but in reality it's something that they need to figure out on their own and we just need to push them the right way. That's one of the reasons I stopped posting the last 3 or 4 weeks because it seems every time I post advice, I seem to get PMs from 3 or 4 people who want me to lay out specifics or a schedule. I don't mind because it's not too much for me yet but I can see how going through that everyday definitely gets tiring. But I do agree, more perspectives = better decisions.

BTW, I see that you've been modded since I last saw a post of yours, CONGRATS. Is it weird that you got modded a few months before you start med school?

Congrats,
-LIS