SN2ed Calendar Shifts (4mo calendar file)!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mehc012

Big Damn Hero
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
****All schedules and information in this thread originated with SN2ed. For More information, see the links at the bottom of this post****
aaa***There is a world of difference between asking someone with CaliBrate to shift premade files and asking for a schedule to be
aaacustom-made to fit your life. If you make one with a custom length, feel free to upload it, but please do not request a custom-length calendar***

I know there are already a lot of SN2ed calendar threads (thank you for making the study schedule!), but it seems as if every time the topic of shifting the calendar dates around or making a 4 mo calendar, we either wait for SN2ed to do it for us or have everyone do it manually. This seems remarkably inefficient, since there are a limited number of test dates and only 2 schedules to fit to them! Besides, this way Mac users can use the CaliBrate program to quickly and easily shift the 3 and 4mo templates, and PC users can import the .ics files into Google Calendar.

Since the time to start a SN2ed plan for Sept has already passed, I went ahead and made both a 3mo and 4mo version for my best estimate of the Jan2013 date. I used all of the original events and descriptions in SN2's own iCal download, but rearranged the individual events to fit his posted 4mo plan. This file can now be shifted using CaliBrate to fit any test date with minimum effort! Once you shift it, just re-upload it with the length and MCAT date so that non-Mac users can use it!

Hopefully, once tests start cropping up in 2013, people can just check the threads to find pre-uploaded 3mo and 4mo schedules for their test date!

Test Date: Jan 15 (by request)
Version: 3 month
Start Date: Oct 9
Changes: No alarms, break days left blank; 3 extra breaks added to accomodate family holiday (Dec 24-26, Jan 1)
File Format: .ics (iCal)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29676086/Jan15mo3.ics

Test Date: Jan 15 (by request)
Version: 4 month
Start Date: Sept 15
Changes: No alarms, break days left blank; 3 extra breaks added to accomodate family holiday (Dec 24-26, Jan 1)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29676086/Jan15mo4.ics

Test Date: Jan 25 (estimate)
Version: 3 month
Start Date: Oct 18
Changes: Break Days left blank; 4 extra breaks added to accomodate family holiday (Dec 24-26, Jan 1)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29676086/Jan25mo3.ics

Test Date: Jan 25 (estimate)
Version: 4 month
Start Date: Sept 24
Changes: Break Days left blank; extra breaks added to accomodate family holiday (Dec 24-26, Jan 1)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29676086/Jan25mo4.ics

To import files into Google Calendar:
-Save the .ical file
-Open gCal
-On the left, under "My Calendars" is a bar saying "Other Calendars" with a down arrow next to it
-In the drop-down menu from that arrow is an option to 'Import Calendar'
-Click 'Browse Files' and select the .ical file
-Tell it which Calendar to import these events to
-You're done!!

SN2ed's full description can be found at:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=623898
Original 3mo iCal file:
http://studentdoctor.net/reference-m...tudy-schedule/
Link to CaliBrate:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=11952047&postcount=10

Thanks again to SN2ed for the great schedule!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,

This is not working for me...I download the file, save it to my computer, open my google calendar, then I import the file downloaded into the calendar I created. It says its imported 483 events...I close the small window and look at my calendar but its blank. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help.

Thanks

EDIT: Wait a sec...haha...is this for January 2013 MCAT date? I thought it was for the 2014 date. Does anyone know where I can get a newly modified calendar for Jan. 2014?

Hi,

This is not working for me...I download the file, save it to my computer, open my google calendar, then I import the file downloaded into the calendar I created. It says its imported 483 events...I close the small window and look at my calendar but its blank. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help.

Thanks

EDIT: Wait a sec...haha...is this for January 2013 MCAT date? I thought it was for the 2014 date. Does anyone know where I can get a newly modified calendar for Jan. 2014?

You can make one...if you do please post it here. As you can see, this thread is out of date, as no one ever submitted any calendars except me. Plenty of people posted on here that they made/found the calendar they were looking for, but no one felt like sharing, I guess.

Is CaliBrate the only way to make the calendar? Cause I don't have a Mac, unfortunately. I tried to modify the calendar on my google calendar, but that requires me to almost copy/paste every event to a later date...I don't have that time to do that. Otherwise, I would've been more than happy to make one and post it here.

Let me know if there is another way that I'm not aware of ...

Members don't see this ad :)
I also just noticed that these schedules are a year old. Ugh.

By the looks of it, the days are only a day off if you're doing studying now in 2013. I'm also unsure about how to shift the calendar by a year without having to literally paste in every date.

Is CaliBrate the only way to make the calendar? Cause I don't have a Mac, unfortunately. I tried to modify the calendar on my google calendar, but that requires me to almost copy/paste every event to a later date...I don't have that time to do that. Otherwise, I would've been more than happy to make one and post it here.

Let me know if there is another way that I'm not aware of ...

Sorry I was all testy above.
Calibrate is the only way that I know of...however, once you make it you can just export it for use anywhere, and it only takes a few minutes to do. Well, it took a long time to make the 4mo calendar file, since I had to customize each individual day, but now that that part's done, further shifts take only a few minutes. I will do some more when I have time, but I made the above ones by borrowing someone's mac (I'm a PC person), so I have to find time to do that again, and I'm mad busy right now. If someone posts me a link to the upcoming exam dates, I will try to do some shifts, but no promises, unfortunately, due to my 80+hr/wk schedule at the moment.

Don't worry, you didn't come off as testy, but I would've been irritated too if I was in your situation. :)

Anyway, maybe I can stop by my university library and use a mac there...whoever gets to it first. I still have to learn how to use calibrate, so it may take awhile.

Thanks for your time though!

Hi,

I am new to the website and I am really interested in this study schedule. I have been trying to move the dates to the test date that I am registered for, April 24th 2014, but Calibrate keeps messing up the events in the calendar. If it would be possible could someone make a file with my test date.

Thanks in advance