Sn2ed plan question on books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kayak30

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm finally signed up for the MCAT, and I'm in the process of buying books! I need a little bit of help. I am following the Sn2ed plan posted above and I ordered the following so far:

TBR package
EK Verbal 101

Should I still invest in purchasing the EK 1001 questions for Chem, Orgo and Phys? I found some on Amazon and they were published in 2000/2001, is it safe to assume that they are still helpful? Are there any new EK books that I should look into as well?

I'm also thinking about getting the TPR hyperlearning verbal workbook, is it worth the $? I found some on the web as well.

Thank you all in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

So I just ordered the TPR hyperlearning verbal workbook. If anyone can help me decide if it would be beneficial to also order the EK 1001 series please let me know...also is there a 2012/2013 version of these books? :oops:

So I just ordered the TPR hyperlearning verbal workbook. If anyone can help me decide if it would be beneficial to also order the EK 1001 series please let me know...also is there a 2012/2013 version of these books? :oops:

The EK 1001 books are kinda old there is only a second edition of them and you can order the set from amazon. Form what I've heard the EK 1001 books are good for helping you practice problems they should not be used by themsleves for passages. I personally don't have these books so I cannot give you much advise on if you should purchase them or not.
:)

The EK 1001 books are kinda old there is only a second edition of them and you can order the set from amazon. Form what I've heard the EK 1001 books are good for helping you practice problems they should not be used by themsleves for passages. I personally don't have these books so I cannot give you much advise on if you should purchase them or not.
:)

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
The TPRH Verbal Workbook is alright - it doesn't have nearly enough passages as the EK 101 does, nor is it as difficult. But it isn't bad.

And yeah, the EK 1001 books are just discrete questions. For the most part, they're good to see if you remember your equations and how to apply them, but they don't have actual passages to work with. But sometimes they frustrated the hell out of me, since the way they used some equations I simply couldn't wrap my head around. I wouldn't rely too heavily on them - use them as a part of content review.

Haha, I always enjoyed TPRH VR days as an ego boost after getting rocked on my other VR study materials.

Thanks everyone, good to know. Ill get the EK 1001 just for additional review and hopefully TBR will be a good enough source for main passages. Thanks again:)

The TPRH Verbal Workbook is alright - it doesn't have nearly enough passages as the EK 101 does, nor is it as difficult. But it isn't bad. And yeah, the EK 1001 books are just discrete questions. For the most part, they're good to see if you remember your equations and how to apply them, but they don't have actual passages to work with. But sometimes they frustrated the hell out of me,