Snail mail secondaries....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Geoff

Mzungu
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Dumb question.... when you send school's secondaries through snail mail, do you put them in a regular envolope, folded up? Or do you get one of those larger manilla envelopes?

jeff

Members don't see this ad.

I did the old folded paper in a tiny white envelope.....probably not very professional looking, but it does the job...i dont think that a large envelope will gain more attention or anything...its not like sending in a resume to a job

I sent the big envelope, but I realized that it cost over 5 bucks in postage. Now, that's not a whole lot, but think about the fact that I'm applying to 30 schools...
SO, I'm thinking little envelope from now on.

Members don't see this ad :)
speaking of snailmail.

Do any schools SEND you their secondaries via snailmail, without any email notification?

speaking of snailmail.

Do any schools SEND you their secondaries via snailmail, without any email notification?

I think Loyola sends the invite for a secondary via snailmail, but the actual secondary is still online....not 100% sure though

Hey guys,

Dumb question.... when you send school's secondaries through snail mail, do you put them in a regular envolope, folded up? Or do you get one of those larger manilla envelopes?

jeff

I don't think it's a dumb question. I was just wondering the same thing earlier today - you just got around to asking it before I could. :rolleyes:

speaking of snailmail.

OHSU does this. They actually mail you a letter that gives you a website and a password. You then go online, print off their secondary application, and snail mail it back to them.

They also let you know when your application is complete, and when/if they are interviewing you via snail mail. However, they sent my acceptance letter electronically...it blew my mind a little bit.

I think Dartmouth does.

I bought a bunch of 99 cent hard 9x12 envelopes at Walmart to send any hard copies in. I wouldn't risk sending it in a small white envelope. You never know what could get bent or torn.

I, too, used the large manila envelopes, out of fear a smaller envelope might get overlooked and delayed in the mail.

I used small white envelopes, with the exception of one school, but otherwise, it's fine. The schools received my secondaries just fine, no need to waste more money on postage for big envelopes. We're paying so much as is.