SNF job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Osteoth

Fake it till ya' make it
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone work at a SNF/SNFist/medical director and can share their experience?

How do you get started, what is the comp range, are you a medical director and comp range for that job?

Sounds like a good, easy way to make extra money on off weeks as a hospitalist.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone work at a SNF/SNFist/medical director and can share their experience?

How do you get started, what is the comp range, are you a medical director and comp range for that job?

Sounds like a good, easy way to make extra money on off weeks as a hospitalist.

It's not easy money based on my experience working in SNF as a former RN. Be ready to get a lot of calls from LPN/LVN for a lot of dumb stuff. Patients elope and sometimes bad things can happen. You are ultimately responsible as the medical director. I'd rather do telemedicine to make extra cash...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Requirements will vary by state but I think most don't have any true legal requirements. Nowadays unless you have been "grandfathered" in, most facilities expect you to have completed a geriatrics fellowship to be considered. You are also expected to be certified by the ABPLM.

In my residency we spent some outpatient time with some private PCPs, a few of which had these gigs. They were expected to "see" (i.e. walk into the room for 30 seconds) a certain number of patients a certain number of times per week. They had to deal with the non-medicine management people from the facility, and also had to oversee the midlevels that worked there (answer phone calls as needed, etc).

I don't know how much they got payed, but they did hold on to the gigs for dear life. Essentially the only way these jobs became available was retirement or death...

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users