snip

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ngc 2170

reflecting still life
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
snip

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your application looks very solid. With your level of research, even without a publication, it's worth applying to some more top schools. I think you have an excellent shot at Michigan though.

As for "middle" schools, maybe consider adding Pitt, NYU, Dartmouth, and Rochester.

Would concur with @phunky .

No Mayo? Pritzker?

And I'd drop Rosy Franklin, MCW and Tufts. They're your safeties and they'll know it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any leadership experience?

I'd say maybe western michigan, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, pritzker,

Reactions: 1 user
I began as a general member of the freshman orientation staff and am now a coordinator. My new position entails overseeing a committee planning/executing three events. We anticipate attendance of ~1000-1200 students at our largest event.

Aside from that, I do not hold any "title" positions. The other student groups I'm in are fairly small and so don't have a very formal leadership structure. I am quite active in planning and holding events, but I don't have a "vice president," "event planner," "lesson organizer," etc. title in these groups.

Your stats are obviously amazing and I think you're a shoe-in at pretty much any mid-tier you want. I also think you will stand a really good chance at UM being from Michigan. Since you seem to have much more of a strong research background as opposed to a strong leadership background I would focus more on schools that emphasize research. PITT and Duke come to mind.

I'd drop Central and Oakland. Add Cincy, OSU, Pitt, NYU, Mayo, Case and Rochester

Thank you for all the advice! I had Pitt and NYU in mind, so those suggestions are very helpful. I had not considered Rochester, Mayo, or Pritzker — I definitely will read and learn more about them now. I'll also mull DokterMom's advice as to dropping some schools, though I'll remain wary of making my list too top-heavy...

Is it a sound move to drop any in-states? I hear what joker2400 is saying, and I do have the inclination to drop CMU for one. At the same time, I don't want to get overconfident and exchange more "safer" options for "risky"/competitive options than is wise. Balance is key, but where's the balance? I will certainly defer to more experienced minds than mine!:)
If you were going to drop one of your MI schools based solely on how likely you are to be accepted then drop Oakland instead of CMU. I think your app will at the very least get you an II at MSU and Wayne then it is up to you to shine in your interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.