so... burned... out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silas2642

silas2642
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am so burned (is this how you spell it? I don't even know anymore, sheesh) out. I can't even think anymore, and nothing is going in and nothing is sticking. I can't take it anymore and I'm only like two weeks into hardcore studying. I am going to go nuts. Right now I think that if i had testicles, that I would rather give one of my nuts rather than finish studying for this thing. I am halfway temtped to just take the damned thing and wing it rather than finish studying it the way it's planned, but I can't because it's the "biggest test of my life." Dammit.

So I had to push back my date so I could take a day or two off to decompress and allow my brain to heal from all the information I've been putting in it. I don't know how some of my classmates do it sometimes-- I swear to God they're like machines in the library the way they study and put information in. I want to be more like a real med student/sdner.

Just venting. Anyone else in the same crappy position that I'm in?

Members don't see this ad.

I hate studying so this is like a living hell for me. Some people can study for hours upon hours but I think the people sitting at the library for hours are actually zoning out a lot. I don't think most people's attention spans work that efficiently. I may be just deluding myself.

I am so burned (is this how you spell it? I don't even know anymore, sheesh) out. I can't even think anymore, and nothing is going in and nothing is sticking. I can't take it anymore and I'm only like two weeks into hardcore studying. I am going to go nuts. Right now I think that if i had testicles, that I would rather give one of my nuts rather than finish studying for this thing. I am halfway temtped to just take the damned thing and wing it rather than finish studying it the way it's planned, but I can't because it's the "biggest test of my life." Dammit.

So I had to push back my date so I could take a day or two off to decompress and allow my brain to heal from all the information I've been putting in it. I don't know how some of my classmates do it sometimes-- I swear to God they're like machines in the library the way they study and put information in. I want to be more like a real med student/sdner.

Just venting. Anyone else in the same crappy position that I'm in?

Im confused, why dont you just give one of your ovaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been at this and right now I think I'm about to hit my wall. I've finished UWorld and right now I'm doing last-minute review stuff, but I don't even know if I'll be able to do all I wanted because my brain feels like it wants to shut down. Luckily my test is Saturday so I guess if I'm gonna peak with my studying it might as well be now.

So close to teh end... Dont burn out or you will throw the whole year away.. You guys can do it... Just keep studying and we will be M3s

Take a day off and do something fun!! It'll make all the difference. I've had to do that several times throughout my studying and when I return to the books, I learn 20000x more than I would have if I had pushed through my burnout. Just have a day of fun, it'll work, I swear :)

You know, the saying just doesn't sound right... "dude, I would totally give my right ovary to have this test over with"-- do you see what I mean.

Why the right one? Is it because it drains directly into the IVC as opposed to the renal vein, potentially simplifying the procedure?

I've been studying way too long...

Why the right one? Is it because it drains directly into the IVC as opposed to the renal vein, potentially simplifying the procedure?

Haha. I was thinking the exact same thing. I also have started analyzing everyday life according to first aid. (ie. yesterday when i was eating a chicken i started saying to my self good thing I do not have menetriers disease otherwise I could end up with kwashiacor:eek:) I want to take my test soon as I am likely to go crazy(er than usual)

in response to the OP:

Dude, You need to relax and keep it slow and steady. Im on the same page as you, in terms of not understanding how people are studying like machines, its a good day for me if I can even put in 7 hours of solid studying (and ive been hardcore for like 3 weeks exactly.

For me, My goal is 8 and i try to do what i can to make it 8, and when i reach it, instead of punishing myself by studying more, i reward myself by lying on my fat ass and playing some xbox, or going to shoot some hoops, or watching a movie.

the key thing for me is CONSISTENCY. If i get in 2 days of solid studying, the 3rd day is a draggggggg, i just need to be able to consistently do good work. Taken the beat on the 23rd....still havent looked at Repro, Musculo, Micro, or Pharm AT ALLL.... guess thats not gonna happen any time soon, i just hope i dont screw myself because im not doing questions, just trying to get through everything once before i cram questions into my schedule.

arite, i think im talking and noones listening, lol, good luck homies

You know what's sad? I think I can picture the page that is on... I think that is on the left hand side of FA 2009 edition, top corner. Ouch.

I understand your pain Silas. I think we all do. My only advice would be to not move your test back. It just postpones the inevitable and doesn't really help. By the time you hit the last week, you'll be ready to go, and you'll wish you had those 2 days back.

If you need a break, take one. Go for a run. Lay in the park for the entire day. It's allowed.

When all else fails, watch House, it's essentially like studying for the boards.