So here's what I have so far....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPyrple

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the fall semester of my junior year. I had a really rough first 2 years which I have a pretty good PS for. I'm wondering my chances of getting into an MD program. No MCAT score to report yet, by the end of spring semester I should have a 3.2 cGPA and sGPA (working up from a 2.7). Work/class at a hospital in highschool (STNA class), involvment in wrestling for 8 years part of the varsity team at my school, refereeing, and coaching youth. Some volunteer work with apalachian ministries, and worked last summer in a lab (my cities sewer district analytical lab both general water testing and research on the lake). I'm an OH resident and plan on applying to Wright state, Toledo, Case(I know reach but I'm a home town girl), U of Maryland, and U of Kentucky(I go to school in KY). I'm an excellent test taker so what MCAT score should I be shooting, what else should I be doing? and is applying to MD programs at the end of this year even reasonable? I'll be back with my MCAT scores after I take them in April.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

With that predicted 3.2 GPA at the end of junior year, you'd need to get an MCAT of 34-35 to be considered anywhere, and automatic cut-offs will keep you from being considered at a lot of places anyway. I'd strongly suggest you spend another full year repairing your GPA before applying to MD schools. And honestly, with DO schools getting more competitive, your 3.2 GPA will be low for most of them also.

Your ECs sound interesting and will help you stand out. Keep working on acquiring clinical experience, as high school stuff won't be counted and it looks like you don't have much other than that. You'll need an extra year to develop that aspect of your application, and it is essential to do so, in order to be seriously considered.