so how early do you fill controls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it really varies...generally 3 days for a 30 day RX, 0 - 1 day for a shorter RX, and 5 - 7 days for a 90 day RX. BUT, I also look at their history, if they are always getting it early, then I will probably say they can't get it filled until the day its due. And if they have a history of never getting it early but are requesting early to go on vacation or something, then I probably will fill earlier than my general rules for that 1 time only.

Members don't see this ad.

Now I'll ask you one question, can you determine from. Your computer system that I am in actual pain or if I'm a junkie? Well other than the fact my pain doc puts multiple myeloma on my scripts?
Have a nice day

Seriously, you created an account just to post that? Unfortunately, whether or not you are in actual pain or a junkie, doesn't matter to the DEA, and pharmacists must answer to the DEA who will pull their license and ability to practice if they don't. If you are in actual pain and taking an increased dose then your doctor *MUST* indicate that on your next RX either by increasing the amount you are allowed to take each day and/or adding a note that you had taken an increased amount for a short period of time due to (and he must give the specific reason why, ie acute injury, surgery, etc.) but that you are now back on your regular schedule. If your doctor does none of the above, then pharmacists will refuse to fill your prescription early....not because we don't care about your pain (most pharmacists do), but because we care about keeping our license. Saying "well, my doctor knew I had to take extra doses, that is why he gave me the prescription early, so fill it," is NOT justifiable to the DEA, therefore its nots justifiable to pharmacists. Your doctor needs to put in writing exactly why you are getting the prescription early (and it has to be a justifiable reason to the DEA, not "I'm aware pt is early, please fill")

Reactions: 1 users