So... how was your first week in PT school?

Started by artizzle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

artizzle

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I figure that with all the PT school applicants worrying about stats and prereqs, I could provide them a light at the end of the tunnel.

My first week at PT school week has been pretty awesome. The material is what I want to study, the professors are engaging and treat you with respect, and best of all is meeting 33 complete strangers and they're all great.

So, what do you think about your first week?
 
I absolutely love it so far as well, and for the same reasons as you too! All of my classes are interesting and are actually what I want to learn. My professors are smart, helpful, and funny. And I have 62 people to get to know, but everyone that I've met so far has been really nice. I can tell that we are going to be a close-knit group that helps each other and goes out to have fun! Haven't had too much studying yet other than reading tons of articles, but I am learning so much and loving it. 🙂
 
We had orientation on Wednesday, classes were to start Thursday, but our instructors are without a contract and decided to strike yesterday and classes are canceled indefinitely now. Hopefully they reach a settlement by Monday and we can actually start Tuesday - we were all so ready to get going - this is a bit of a let down! But I agree with our faculty that the university isn't being fair with the contract.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Once I got past the hassle of registering late and financial aid, my first week was awesome! My interest level prior to attending class is high for all of my classes. My instuctors are intelligent and witty. The second yr class was very helpful and threw us a party for us to socialize and ask any questions that may concern us regarding school....overall, a great experience.
 
Do the other students in your classes note-take on laptops, or do they generally just follow printed notes from the teacher? Also, does anyone record (audio only) the lectures?

Thanks!
 
No one takes notes on their laptop or records the lecture. Usually people just jot down a few side notes here and there on the hand-outs.
 
No one takes notes on their laptop or records the lecture. Usually people just jot down a few side notes here and there on the hand-outs.

that's what everyone does here as well. there's a lot of information, so doing it any other way would leave you with hand cramps everyday.