So I am planning to take DATS Late July ..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PKP719

Operation starts after 12
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Possibly mid July if I feel comfortable ..
Does this sounds about right ? :rolleyes: If I had to retake the exam ..is it too late ?
Should I start now sending my AADS application in ? I am applying for the 2006 class.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

crazy_sherm said:
It may be a little late to retake in Nov, so study up and do it right the first time. And YES, SUBMIT YOUR APP NOW!

hmm , I am on it .
:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Funny... I submitted my application on THIS day last year... best thing I ever did in terms of the outcome. Try to get it in right away and study for your DAT and take it when you FEEL ready. I scheduled my DAT in July, then Aug. then Sept and finally took it middle of Sept. I knew then I was ready and I'm glad I waited 'til I was ready. Although they weren't superb scores, they were good enough to be accepted at a handful of very good schools. So, in terms of priorities: send in you APP right away and study very hard these next couple of months and take it at the latest in Aug. preferrably in July. Even though I took mine in Sept. and it turned out all right, it is best to take it in the summer. Best of luck!!

PKP719 said:
Possibly mid July if I feel comfortable ..
Does this sounds about right ? :rolleyes: If I had to retake the exam ..is it too late ?
Should I start now sending my AADS application in ? I am applying for the 2006 class.

thanks
Don't f'ck it up though.

Should you f'ck it up, you're going to have to wait until October to retake.

Pikeyman said:
Don't f'ck it up though.

Should you f'ck it up, you're going to have to wait until October to retake.

LOL , ah crap. Now whats so bad if I took it in octoboer again ? I am still new to the ropes of the application procedure and timelines.

I'm taking it july 30th. I talked to the admissions dean as southern illinois and he said that the committee doesn't even meet until september so anytime before then is good.

eric23 said:
I'm taking it july 30th. I talked to the admissions dean as southern illinois and he said that the committee doesn't even meet until september so anytime before then is good.

ya but that doesnt answer my question concerning IF I had to retake in october. Wheather or not it puts me out of the competition ..

PKP719 said:
ya but that doesnt answer my question concerning IF I had to retake in october. Wheather or not it puts me out of the competition ..

I took the DAT last year on July 28 and retook it on November 5. Although taking it again in October/November will not put you out of the competition, most of the schools will put your application on hold until they receive those new scores so you will be delayed in getting interviews and that could hurt your chances at some schools (I know that by November, Case was all filled up with interviews). But I agree with what everyone else has said, take the DAT when you feel ready, even if that means pushing it back to August. If you have to retake it in November, it's not the end of the world, just let all the schools know when you will be retaking it. I didn't have that big of a problem as I was still accepted to schools right on Dec. 1st. Best of luck!

RachMSU said:
I took the DAT last year on July 28 and retook it on November 5. Although taking it again in October/November will not put you out of the competition, most of the schools will put your application on hold until they receive those new scores so you will be delayed in getting interviews and that could hurt your chances at some schools (I know that by November, Case was all filled up with interviews). But I agree with what everyone else has said, take the DAT when you feel ready, even if that means pushing it back to August. If you have to retake it in November, it's not the end of the world, just let all the schools know when you will be retaking it. I didn't have that big of a problem as I was still accepted to schools right on Dec. 1st. Best of luck!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

thanks for the heads up.