So I hear that you can check if you passed...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ramphaus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Step I even before your score report reaches you...Anyone know how that works?

thanx

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard the same. All you have to do is try to register for Step1 again. If the registration process cuts you off -- you have passed. If the registration process lets you continue -- plan on taking Step1 again.

Wow what a relief... I passed!!! The mail to Israel takes forever...

Mike

Members don't see this ad :)
wHAT AE YOU SUPPOSED TO ANSWER TO THE FIRST QUESTION(have you taken an exam with ecfmg before?) I m waiting the results next week but can t wait.Thanks

Amendment to my earlier post:

If you are an IMG/FMG than you can check your pass/fail status by reapplying to take the Step1 via Oasis at the following address:

http://oasis.ecfmg.org/

All you have to do is try to register for Step1 again. If the registration process cuts you off -- you have passed. If the registration process lets you continue -- plan on taking Step1 again.

Amendment to my earlier post:

If you are an IMG/FMG than you can check your pass/fail status by reapplying to take the Step1 via Oasis at the following address:

http://oasis.ecfmg.org/

All you have to do is try to register for Step1 again. If the registration process cuts you off -- you have passed. If the registration process lets you continue -- plan on taking Step1 again.

Clarification, please!

I've read your posts and the comments on checking through the reapplication process if you passed or not! When I tried to re-enroll for Step 1 again, I got the message below, in red font:

"Our records indicate that you are already registered for this Step. You may not apply for a Step if you are already registered for that Step. If you fail a Step, you may submit another application for this exam, but certain time limits apply for retaking a Step. For complete information, refer to Reexamination in the ECFMG Information Booklet and Time Limit and Number of Attempts Allowed to Complete All Steps in the USMLE Bulletin of Information."

Is that the message that you guys referred to as being cut off the reapplication process? Please clarify - I am anxious to get an idea if I passed or not!

RussianCzar

Clarification to my earlier post ... Sorry to confuse you.

First, you must check on OASIS ( http://oasis.ecfmg.org/ ) to see if your step1 score has been reported to ECFMG. If it has, then this trick should work. Once you have verified that ECFMG has received your scores from NBME then you should try reapplying for Step1. If the registration process cuts you off -- you have passed. If the registration process lets you continue -- plan on taking Step1 again.

RussianCzar ... let us know how this works for you.

So, I did this trick and the following came out:" Our records indicate that you have already passed this step or the corresponding nbme part", and goes on to explain in which cases you can retake the exam. So,RussianCzar, maybe your results were not yet sent to the corresponding authority when you tried to reaply.

Theodore,
How long did it take between the time you took the exam to the time your score was reported to ECFMG/Oasis from NBME?

Took the exam 27th of March, result was reported 23rd of April. Still waiting for their mail though.. Anyone knows how long it takes for a standard mail from US to reach Europe? It s more than 6 weeks now, do you think I should call these guys? The internet trick was nice, but I won t rest until I see my score printed.

Well, it s already 3 weeks since my results were reported. So, i guess it s a good thing i know i passed at least. I m already getting psychotic just not knowing my score yet, can t imagine how it would be if i didn t even know my pass/fail status. Guess the trick is good for applicants outside the US, who logically receive their mail with a considerable delay. I m getting annoyed with this situation, though, cause my exam period starts on Monday and i can t really think of anything else than my score report..

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea how long it takes but I took Step I on April 11th and already got my score back.

Not the first time that bad luck kncks on my door. I contacted them and they said the report was probably lost, so they ll send a duplicate. So, relax people, the gold standard remains that you'll receive your scores withing 2 weeks after their release.

Prominence, this is the second mail post I see on the same day asking for my score report:) As I said in another post, It was lost, and they have to send a duplicate. It has been 2 months since I took the exam, so you can understand how I feel.

how long after you've taken the exam will this trick work? ie wait two weeks after you've taken the exam and then try this? or wait until "Score Report Date" shows up?

It seems this works best for IMGs who have to depend on mail to get scores to them through international mail. If you are in the US you should be able to find out if you passed from your med school the day your scores are released.
Our dean calls as soon as the scores are posted on the NBME or USMLE website to tell us we passed or we didn't, maybe our school is just anal about you not being on the wards if you didn't pass the step.

10 weeks and counting... If I could, I would seriously harm these guys!!

And for those that have passed, what happens if you login, and then try to register from this site?

Just to let everyone know, this is not foolproof, as mentioned before. I did the check to see if I passed and was able to reapply to take Step 1. I got my scores today, and I passed (thank god), so all I did was give myself a heart attack! I'm glad it works for some or most people, but if you are able to reapply, there's still hope!

The 'OASIS trick' works ONLY for IMGs. Had a US med friend who freaked out when he could log in. If you are a US med student and you can log in, it only means your test has been graded and your dean will get the info soon...

How long does it take from the time that they say online that ur exam has been graded to receiving ur USMLE Step I score via snail mail? Thanks. :confused:

I don't know about the Oasis trick time frame, but I would assume it is the same time frame as for US students. Your exam gets graded and the day they send out your scores the status changes- probably 4 weeks.

I tried registering again and I get "an open registration exists for this account," and it won't let me continue. Is this a pass, theoretically?