You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
So I probably just failed my orgo II final....
Started by staceycane
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted407021
I just found out I can skip like 3 finals. lolololol
Sorry to hear that. I hope you pull the grade you want.
Sorry to hear that. I hope you pull the grade you want.
Was it the ACS exam?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What the actual fI just found out I can skip like 3 finals. lolololol
Sorry to hear that. I hope you pull the grade you want.
how
..... And how was your day? XP
Don't get too worked up. I walked out of my first Orgo I exam thinking "I probably scored ~40% on that". I did, and it was above the mean. As long as everyone else failed just as hard you end up alright!
^tbh I don't know what the ACS exam is
D
deleted407021
2 are optional and one I tested out of.What the actual f
how
^tbh I don't know what the ACS exam is
Oh. It's the nationally standardized cumulative organic chemistry test. I think there's one for general chemistry, organic chemistry, and biochemistry. Probably some other courses as well.
how does one test out of a test?2 are optional and one I tested out of.
How widely is this used for course finals?Oh. It's the nationally standardized cumulative organic chemistry test. I think there's one for general chemistry, organic chemistry, and biochemistry. Probably some other courses as well.
D
deleted407021
They drop the lowest, so I can take the 0. I guess "test out" isn't the best choice of words for that.how does one test out of a test?
How widely is this used for course finals?
How widely is this used for course finals?
Dunno. I took the general chemistry ACS at my community college. I'm at a 4 year state school now and it's administered here and at all of the branch campuses.
edit: typo
D
deleted407021
We use the ACS for gen, organic and biochem.Dunno. I took the general chemistry ACS at my community college. I'm at a state 4 year school now and it's administered here and at all the branch campuses.
..... And how was your day? XP
Pretty ORGANIC if you asked me LULZ.
Sorry I just had to work that in. Don't worry you probably did fine!
I take mine in like 3 and a half hours and I have lost all drive to study anymore for it
Shh! Don't say that! I take mine in a week and I'm no where near ready for it! I'm not doing so hot in the class (and by that I mean failing), but he made a deal with me that whatever I get on the final is what I will get in the class. I still have yet to start studying.
D
deleted407021
for real, tho
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a 96 on my derm test if that makes you feel any better
I take mine in like 3 and a half hours and I have lost all drive to study anymore for it
sooooo how'd it go
Well hopefully you did better than you thought you did! I find that sometimes that's the case when I didn't feel great coming out.
Shh! Don't say that! I take mine in a week and I'm no where near ready for it! I'm not doing so hot in the class (and by that I mean failing), but he made a deal with me that whatever I get on the final is what I will get in the class. I still have yet to start studying.
You're telling me your professor made a deal replacing your current failing grade for whatever you get on the final, and you still haven't started studying?

at least it wasn't a TB test. find jesus. you are blessed to have the opportunity to take o chem.
Rather fail a TB test than a school test.
Ugh same here, failed a lab final yesterday. I'm looking at a C+ in this class for the semester. still very depressed
Loving that new avatar, Senpai. You never cease to impress me.I just found out I can skip like 3 finals. lolololol
Sorry to hear that. I hope you pull the grade you want.
Edit: The Griffin w/ the Santa hat was my favorite, though.
@efle
We use the ACS exam as a midterm, and the national percentile we score in is our percent on the test. So if you are in the 99th percentile, you score 99% on the test.
We use the ACS exam as a midterm, and the national percentile we score in is our percent on the test. So if you are in the 99th percentile, you score 99% on the test.
Lol!! Well in my defense he didn't tell me this until yesterday and I had other final projects and presentations going on today.You're telling me your professor made a deal replacing your current failing grade for whatever you get on the final, and you still haven't started studying?
![]()
sooooo how'd it go
meeehhhhh, I feel comfortable haha. Not my best work but what's done is done.
D
deleted577188
Got a 92.5% on my O Chem 2 final. I'm stoked. I did awful in Gen Chem but was consistently top 5 in classes of 320+ people for O Chem. I realize no one cares, but I'm excited.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My O Chem 2 final was terribly hard, but I came out of the class with an A- so I'll take it.
dem regional dialectsWhat is O Chem?
Got a 92.5% on my O Chem 2 final. I'm stoked. I did awful in Gen Chem but was consistently top 5 in classes of 320+ people for O Chem. I realize no one cares, but I'm excited.
D
deleted407021
The correct way to pronounce "orgo".What is O Chem?
Seriously, wtf do people say orgo? It's not orgonic chemistry.
Oh. It's the nationally standardized cumulative organic chemistry test. I think there's one for general chemistry, organic chemistry, and biochemistry. Probably some other courses as well.
There's one for instrumental methods of analysis as well.
I think its to take away its power. Like when you call someone you don't like the wrong name on purpose. Or like a spiteful nicknameThe correct way to pronounce "orgo".
Seriously, wtf do people say orgo? It's not orgonic chemistry.
D
deleted577188
That means a lot

If memory serves me correctly, I failed my orgo II final. That sucked because I had an A average for the class otherwise. Ended up getting a B overall.
That's when I learned it wasn't wise to cram for 4 exams which would all be taken within the span of 24 hours. My orgo II exam was my last one of the series and I couldn't think for the life of me by that point.
That's when I learned it wasn't wise to cram for 4 exams which would all be taken within the span of 24 hours. My orgo II exam was my last one of the series and I couldn't think for the life of me by that point.
Lol - I don't remember any of Ochem...
This is bad but all I recall is that one of the SN2 reactions involves a backside attack.
This is bad but all I recall is that one of the SN2 reactions involves a backside attack.
All I remember
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 796
- Question
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 2K