So i received a WF last semester. Any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

futuremd8406

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. I am currently a post bacc student. Last semester, I got an A in Physics, a B in Bio, and a WF in Chemistry. At this point, I don't know what I am going to do. This semester I am doing well so far, hopefully I will get two A-'s and one A. I am worried that this WF will kill me! What do you guys think I should do? Anyone ever recived a WF(withdraw while failing).
 
It definitely does not look good, but I don't think its damning by any stretch. You have to do well the next time you take the class.

Most adcoms will have some understanding that a class here or there may be difficult for any student. IF you have a bunch of WF's, or a spotty record in general, then that's a completely different story.