nsap102

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey,

I tried to join while in high school, but got turned down because of my immigration status. Same after college.

Now, I have a GC and I have also completed my Internship year. I am an IMG. I would like to complete my medical training in the USAF and then serve.

So, is the military taking GC holders? And where do I start?

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Did you complete your internship in the US or abroad?

About the Ads

IgD

The Lorax
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2005
Status (Visible)
I saw a news report that the DoD is recruiting foreign medical grads and foreign citizens for the military medical system. I would also like to know the details. I know a couple residents who would be interested in working in exchange for citizenship.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
The Air Force website clearly states that you must be a U.S. citizen to enter as a physician.
No, IgD is right. That's why I was asking about whether the OP did his internship here, as I believe this is still a requirement.

Here's a link to the article IgD's talking about. Specifically refers to this program accepting non-citizens into officer ranks of critical fields such as medicine.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Yes, I did my internship year here in the US.
Then you might be in luck. Read the link above then contact an Air Force medical recruiter. Post back what you're told.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.