So, my fall grades are in now.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sevenout

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
The question is, does anyone care. I am post interview waiting for decision from a school that does not take updates (an MD program) and I have an acceptance to one of the four DO schools I applied to.

Since applying I have 28 credits of all A's(Things like physics II and Ochem II which I had skipped to take biochem). Is it worth or even possible to update MD programs with my additional grades despite them not inviting me for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

The question is, does anyone care. I am post interview waiting for decision from a school that does not take updates (an MD program) and I have an acceptance to one of the four DO schools I applied to.

Since applying I have 28 credits of all A's(Things like physics II and Ochem II which I had skipped to take biochem). Is it worth or even possible to update MD programs with my additional grades despite them not inviting me for an interview?
how much bump did you get?

how much bump did you get?
I havent done the math, previously had a 3.5x cgpa a 3.8x sgpa and a 511. I'd imagine given that I now have around 160 credits it probably didn't move a ton...maybe like 3.65.

Members don't see this ad :)
I havent done the math, previously had a 3.5x cgpa a 3.8x sgpa and a 511. I'd imagine given that I now have around 160 credits it probably didn't move a ton...maybe like 3.65.
Do you have any other updates for to send? Just GPA may not be enough.

Last edited:
Naw not really, I'm just doing the stuff i said I would do

AACOMAS will automatically update the other DO schools and follow instructions when it comes to the MD schools. Make sure you read their application policies carefully... sending updates to a school that tells you not to will likely land your application in the rejection pile because you couldn't follow directions.

Good luck! :)

Reactions: 1 user

A semester of good grades is always worth an update

Reactions: 3 users
For those schools that allow pre-interview updates, it would be worth letting them know.

Reactions: 1 user
AACOMAS will automatically update the other DO schools and follow instructions when it comes to the MD schools. Make sure you read their application policies carefully... sending updates to a school that tells you not to will likely land your application in the rejection pile because you couldn't follow directions.

Good luck! :)

This is extremely unlikely to land up in a rejection, this is one more SDN myth. ADCOMs are sympathetic to applicants and are highly unlikely to do this for 1 reasonable update. Not in the 3 MD schools, that I have worked in so far at least.

Worth sending an update for a semester with all A. Not sure it will make a difference at this late stage, since you don't have any II at MD school.

Reactions: 2 users
This is extremely unlikely to land up in a rejection, this is one more SDN myth. ADCOMs are sympathetic to applicants and are highly unlikely to do this for 1 reasonable update. Not in the 3 MD schools, that I have worked in so far at least.

Worth sending an update for a semester with all A. Not sure it will make a difference at this late stage, since you don't have any II at MD school.
Thanks for letting me know. The rumor around me are that a couple of the local schools do this.