So, what day are you taking the boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mango

Very Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I myself will be experiencing the thrill ride that is the USMLE on June 14th in beautiful Columbus, OH.

Second question: What are you doing post boards to celebrate?

I will be spending the week on the Outer Banks with 8 other med students, trying to get drunk enough to forget the past two years worth of information! Ahhhh... I can't wait...

Members don't see this ad.

I am scheduled to take it June 21st, but I was thinking about moving back to June 22nd because a classmate reminded me how every standardized test we have taken in the past has been on a Saturday so it might be a good idea to continue the tradition. A lot of my classmates will be headed to different parts of the world after the test, but I think that I would rather stay home and relax, try to store some sleep so that I am ready for 3rd year which is 1 week after my test.

I am taking Step 1 on June 14 also- along with most of my class. It leaves us two weeks before clerkships start to regain our sanity (just to lose it again...). To celebrate, my circle of friends has a tradition that whenever one of us takes a big exam (quals, USMLE, defends a thesis, etc...) we spend $100 at a bar and then our other friends buy us drinks the rest of the night. THen I will leave this state, but I don't know where I am going...
Mary