So, what day are you taking the boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mango

Very Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I myself will be experiencing the thrill ride that is the USMLE on June 14th in beautiful Columbus, OH.

Second question: What are you doing post boards to celebrate?

I will be spending the week on the Outer Banks with 8 other med students, trying to get drunk enough to forget the past two years worth of information! Ahhhh... I can't wait...

Members don't see this ad.

I am scheduled to take it June 21st, but I was thinking about moving back to June 22nd because a classmate reminded me how every standardized test we have taken in the past has been on a Saturday so it might be a good idea to continue the tradition. A lot of my classmates will be headed to different parts of the world after the test, but I think that I would rather stay home and relax, try to store some sleep so that I am ready for 3rd year which is 1 week after my test.

I am taking Step 1 on June 14 also- along with most of my class. It leaves us two weeks before clerkships start to regain our sanity (just to lose it again...). To celebrate, my circle of friends has a tradition that whenever one of us takes a big exam (quals, USMLE, defends a thesis, etc...) we spend $100 at a bar and then our other friends buy us drinks the rest of the night. THen I will leave this state, but I don't know where I am going...
Mary

I remember (and you will definitely remember) taking it on June 15. In retrospect this was the perfect time to take it. Two weeks of pure freedom after the test was perfect for a cruise to the bahamas with friends (i.e. drunkfest) and another week of sitting on my butt at home prior to the 3rd year madness.

Members don't see this ad :)
June 20, then hopefully a long weekend of golf on Hilton Head if MIL can kidsit (I am SUCH a geek! :) ), then a week on a nearby lake, lying in the sun, reading some trashy novel or mytery that requires ZERO brain, and drinking chilled wine, or maybe a G and T...who knew quinine was a wonder drug? :wink: