So what do you guys do...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WaffleDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a seat at a medical school that I'm happy with (woo!), but I am waitlisted at 2 schools that I think I would prefer to attend. Those of you in the same/similar boat as me, what do you do? Are you just sitting around waiting until you hear from your top choice schools? Or are you moving forward and making plans for the school you're accepted to? What are you going to do if you get accepted to your top choice a month before classes start? A week? A day?

I don't know what to do. I'm antsy to move forward and start looking for a place to live/roommate, and start figuring out how I'm going to get over there and how much money I need to save, but I'm really hoping that one of my other schools pulls me off their waitlist. I don't want to screw over any potential roommates at the school I'm in by pulling out last minute, nor do I really want to put down a huge deposit for an apartment and then lose that if I switch (though I do realize that in the grand scheme of things, I really shouldn't be worrying about a $900 security deposit).

So anyway. What are you guys doing?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same position as you. Accepted and thrilled to be going to medical school this Fall, but also waiting to hear back from two other schools. The only thing you can do is keep your head up, continue updating the schools, and hope to hear something soon. The wait sucks but it could be worse. We could have 0 acceptances and 3 wait-lists.

My plan: Update, waiting, update, waiting. Fortunately the school I have been accepted to is close to home. The downside is that it starts a week before the two schools I am wait-listed at so to keep my options open I am not signing a lease anywhere until I know where I'm going 100%. I'm also hesitant to put down a lot of money for housing. If I have to I will get a motel/hotel for a week. No big deal.

Good luck! :xf::xf::xf: