So What do You Think About My List...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ober3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Even though I'm a Canadian, I've been living in the California for most of my life. I don't have residency here, but have graduated from HS and will soon be graduating from a CSU.

I'm applying this cycle. My GPA is a 3.1ish, with an upward trend my last two years w/ 3.5+ (w/ mostly science courses). I haven't taken the DAT, but plan on blowing it out of the water this Aug! I'm gathering a list of potential schools to apply to.

P.S. - Transferred from a Community College

What do you guys think? Add / Eliminate some?

Thanks for the feedback! :thumbup:

My List:
-Loma Linda
-UCSF
-USC
-UOP
-WESTU
-Howard U
-Tufts
-Boston
-NYU
-Temple
-Meharry
-UCLA

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone!

Even though I'm a Canadian, I've been living in the California for most of my life. I don't have residency here, but have graduated from HS and will soon be graduating from a CSU.

I'm applying this cycle. My GPA is a 3.1ish, with an upward trend my last two years w/ 3.5+ (w/ mostly science courses). I haven't taken the DAT, but plan on blowing it out of the water this Aug! I'm gathering a list of potential schools to apply to.

P.S. - Transferred from a Community College

What do you guys think? Add / Eliminate some?

Thanks for the feedback! :thumbup:

My List:
-Loma Linda
-UCSF
-USC
-UOP
-WESTU
-Howard U
-Tufts
-Boston
-NYU
-Temple
-Meharry
-UCLA

You're Canadian, have low GPA, will be applying very late (August or later), and may or may not do well on the DAT, so you really have an uphill battle. Make sure you kill the DAT, like 22+ if you can.

To my knowledge, the schools that are Canadian applicant friendly are: NYU, Tufts, BU, USC, UoP, Temple, Buffalo, Detroit Mercy, Pitt, Penn, Case, Nova, Columbia, Indiana, and Michigan. A lot of the other schools you listed may not even look at your application because you are International, so be aware of that.

And have you decided between Dentistry and Podiatry, or are you still mulling it over?

I'll have my app done by the end of this week with everything except my DAT scores. I'm aware that schools will wait to see my DAT scores before they decide. I've talked to a few of them and they said that submitting my DATs in Aug is not late.

Podiatry was something I thought about for about 6 months about a year ago, and the only reason was because I was afraid of not getting into dental school. I'm def. over that fear and have made a lot of changes my last two years.

Thanks for the advice on schools. So, would you suggest I drop every school in California except UOP? I thought that USC, WESTU, & Loma Linda took international students?

Quick Question: how were u able to apply May 15th, when this year the apps opened on June 1st?

Thanks for the advice on schools. So, would you suggest I drop every school in California except UOP? I thought that USC, WESTU, & Loma Linda took international students?

USC was in that list. Keep that one. And no one really knows about Western's policies, since it just accepted its first class.

Quick Question: how were u able to apply May 15th, when this year the apps opened on June 1st?

Last year AADSAS opened on May 15th. This year AADSAS opened on June 1st.