So what happens...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jayhawks21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Also posted this in the Allopathic section

So what happens to all those US citizen SGU (also the other top Caribbean) students that don't match? Are they allowed to work in research jobs? and what sort of non-medical jobs can they enter.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard of MDs without residency work for insurance or pharmacological companies.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't mind him them they think they are mod (protip paying money for a image under your name does not make you cooler)

Anyways yes they usually don't have too much trouble finding jobs in clinical research and pharmeceuticals

sorry about that. New around here. But I have heard working for Pharma and insurance companies is an option for US med students, but is it the same for Caribbean students as well? also anyone familiar with practicing overseas after?

Thanks

don't mind him them they think they are mod (protip paying money for a image under your name does not make you cooler)

Anyways yes they usually don't have too much trouble finding jobs in clinical research and pharmeceuticals

No one said it made us cooler. You've got two things under your name... if you wanna talk about measuring up. Someone must be over compensating.

to the OP... if someone can't get a residency with an MD... likely they will fall into a debt pit. Medical school is expensive. Average debt is around 160,000. Without a residency and disposable income... it's going to be hard to make a dent in those payments.

No one said it made us cooler. You've got two things under your name... if you wanna talk about measuring up. Someone must be over compensating.

to the OP... if someone can't get a residency with an MD... likely they will fall into a debt pit. Medical school is expensive. Average debt is around 160,000. Without a residency and disposable income... it's going to be hard to make a dent in those payments.

This on both accounts.

I don't know about insurance companies, but I could definitely see MDs working at pharm companies. The problem is that the main function for which you'd be the most useful as a MD wouldn't be applicable since you didn't complete a residency.