-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
So what is the TRUTH about alaska?
Started by murdainc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I've heard rumored figures for annual salaries range from $200k- 400k... Does anyone have a real figure directly from a recruiter?
More, yes, but not anywhere near 200k.
http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/...macist&narrowdesc=Healthcare -- Practitioners
More, yes, but not anywhere near 200k.
http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/...macist&narrowdesc=Healthcare -- Practitioners
Why does everyone use this site as the answer for all salary questions 🙄 Its just as accurate as anyone's guess. Best off calling Pharmacists or Pharm Schools in Alaska (does alaska have pharm schools😕 )
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well i know for a fact that walmart is paying around 150 to move and work in some of there stores in Alaska. My pharmacy manager just talked to a recruiter last week and that is what he was told directly from the recruiter.
Salary.com is not that accurate... It hasn't kept up with pharmacists salaries (I think their info is several years old and salaries have grown rapidly).
I saw a job advertised in Alaska on some employment site a few months ago that offered $130.
Do you know anything about the cost of living there? Is it similar to midwestern states? higher? lower?
COL is actually quite high in Alaska which surprised me. Use a COL calculator to compare to your current situation. Its about the price of living in the mid-atlantic but you'll make a little more.
COL is significantly higher there but I've read that the gap is begining to close a bit (i.e. it's not as bad as it was 10 years ago).
More info on Alaska
And more...
...and a calculator
I was sort of interested in Alaska so I looked up a bunch of this stuff a few months ago...
More info on Alaska
And more...
...and a calculator
I was sort of interested in Alaska so I looked up a bunch of this stuff a few months ago...
Cost of living is certainly high. I lived in Anchorage for a few years and shopping for groceries can be costly... especially if you like fruits and vegetables. A lot of it is shipped in from the lower 48. Living in Alaska can be very difficult for some people too... especially if you don't like bowling, fishing, hiking or watching tv. 😉 The winter months are full of depression because of the extra long nights.
Overall though, I loved living there! You just have to find stuff to do. 😉 Just don't play on the Alaskan beaches (aka mudflats). You'll sink in the mud and die. 😳
Overall though, I loved living there! You just have to find stuff to do. 😉 Just don't play on the Alaskan beaches (aka mudflats). You'll sink in the mud and die. 😳
Just don't play on the Alaskan beaches (aka mudflats). You'll sink in the mud and die. 😳
lol.. good advice
And I'm actually from CA just in case anyone was wondering (my SN and avatar may lead you to assume otherwise... ) 😉
I would of assumed you were from Ada Ohio...lol.. good advice
And I'm actually from CA just in case anyone was wondering (my SN and avatar may lead you to assume otherwise... ) 😉
I don't get it lol
I don't get it lol
Don't worry...I don't think too many people "get" Caverject 😛
I would of assumed you were from Ada Ohio...
That's "I would have" not I would of.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just heard the same thing about job offers from Alaska... except this one mentioned complete student loan repayment and 250k a year for a contract of 2 years. Sounded like bs, but I can certainly imagine that demand up there must be absurdly high in some areas. Hell, the state PAYS you to live there with a dividend of over a thousand bucks a year.
I just heard the same thing about job offers from Alaska... except this one mentioned complete student loan repayment and 250k a year for a contract of 2 years. Sounded like bs, but I can certainly imagine that demand up there must be absurdly high in some areas. Hell, the state PAYS you to live there with a dividend of over a thousand bucks a year.
Urban, or rather, rural myth, that is. The salaries for many positions are high (~140K + benefits), but they're not $250K. Keep in mind that these positions are in the middle of literal nowhere. Someone who accepts one won't see civilization more than once per year. I'm thinking about taking one (several years out), but not for the money - simply for the aurora borealis, extremely low population density and the "frontier medicine" nature of practice..
Ohio Northern University...home of the Polar Bears located in Ada Ohio