Social Behavioral Research as Research Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AvicennaMED

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am new here. I tried some searching around the forums, but I couldn't find anything specifically regarding my question. Sorry if it is a repeat. I got a research assistant position in one of my school's Social Behavioral research projects and I was wondering if it is considered research experience. I believe that it would be, however a few of my friends were saying that if it isn't Biomedical research then it does not count as research. Even if it isn't, I don't care because I am really interested in the topic that they are researching. Just wanted to know other peoples opinions.

Thanks,
AvicennaMED
 
Anything counts as research as long as it is based on a hypothesis. People got in with research experiences ranging from fMRI behavior scanning to complex chemical reactions. As long as it's hypothesis-based and you can describe your work eloquently in essays and interviews, you'll be fine with social behavioral research.
 
Thank you guys! Just wanted to double check. That was my original thought, however I was doubting myself.

Thanks,
AvicennaMED