AvicennaMED

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello,

I am new here. I tried some searching around the forums, but I couldn't find anything specifically regarding my question. Sorry if it is a repeat. I got a research assistant position in one of my school's Social Behavioral research projects and I was wondering if it is considered research experience. I believe that it would be, however a few of my friends were saying that if it isn't Biomedical research then it does not count as research. Even if it isn't, I don't care because I am really interested in the topic that they are researching. Just wanted to know other peoples opinions.

Thanks,
AvicennaMED

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
space chat
Anything counts as research as long as it is based on a hypothesis. People got in with research experiences ranging from fMRI behavior scanning to complex chemical reactions. As long as it's hypothesis-based and you can describe your work eloquently in essays and interviews, you'll be fine with social behavioral research.

Reactions: LizzyM
OP
AvicennaMED

AvicennaMED

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Thank you guys! Just wanted to double check. That was my original thought, however I was doubting myself.

Thanks,
AvicennaMED