Social scene in med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HiKaren

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard many times that med school is much like high school in the social aspect. I've heard clicks form and gossip is always spreading. I'm starting med school in the fall and I'm curious about your med school experiences. Did you fall into a similar social situation you had been in in high school or did your years in college change you and allow you to cross social boundaries and enter a new circle in med school?

Members don't see this ad.

well i will be there soon, but all my med buddies..DO and MD tell me that there are at times clicks. But clicks arent bad as most people might think. THe way the clicks form is when you decide who you want to study with. PLus who you hang out afterwards at the bar and such.

clicks is spelled "cliques" :D

Interesting topic.... anymore thoughts? :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm...interesting question. I guess since I was involved in HS student government and held offices in medical school, maybe I am hanging around the same old crowd (I also hung around the 1 other sorority girl in my class). :D

I'll move it to The Lounge for ya.