SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Social scene in med school

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by HiKaren, Jun 24, 2001.

1. HiKaren

HiKaren Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 23, 2001
    L.A., CA
    I've heard many times that med school is much like high school in the social aspect. I've heard clicks form and gossip is always spreading. I'm starting med school in the fall and I'm curious about your med school experiences. Did you fall into a similar social situation you had been in in high school or did your years in college change you and allow you to cross social boundaries and enter a new circle in med school?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. dude7

dude7 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

May 23, 2001
    well i will be there soon, but all my med buddies..DO and MD tell me that there are at times clicks. But clicks arent bad as most people might think. THe way the clicks form is when you decide who you want to study with. PLus who you hang out afterwards at the bar and such.
  4. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    clicks is spelled "cliques" :D

Interesting topic.... anymore thoughts? :cool:
  5. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2001
    I was thinking the same thing. :D
  6. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic! Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Apr 9, 2000
    hSDN Member
    Hmmm...interesting question. I guess since I was involved in HS student government and held offices in medical school, maybe I am hanging around the same old crowd (I also hung around the 1 other sorority girl in my class). :D

I'll move it to The Lounge for ya.