Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What about the person who works hard and earns a good living but still lives in mommy's basement playing video games when he's off from work?![]()
I would call this "the jackpot"
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What about the person who works hard and earns a good living but still lives in mommy's basement playing video games when he's off from work?![]()
See, there is a difference between someone who works hard and is still earns a good living from the average dropout who goes back to mommy's basement to play video games. Lea's dating record may not all be BS MS PhD, but they are all something where you have to have some skills and knowledge, and you need to have discipline to show up to work regularly. Very different from somebody who got kicked out of high school and now works overnight at a gas station. Chances are a pharmacist will have next to nothing in common with that person, aside from maybe a sports team. Do you think you could have a meaningful discussion about healthcare reform with them? Probably not.
my wife is 12 years younger than me, has no college education, works in TJ max as a sales assistant but she is the cutest, nicest person in the world and is the love of my life.
To the person who originally posted this question, it will ultimately just depend on who you enjoy spending your time with most. All of my closest friends are much less academic than I am, many without degrees. They are my closest friends because we have similar values and "they get me." I'm just thankful I have a personality that makes them want to keep me around, since our levels of education are so "different." A doctorate is a far cry from guaranteeing this kind of connection with someone else who has a doctorate. Although I have made lifelong friends with some of my classmates, once again because they are people I would have bonded with if we had never met through school.
Also, I am a woman and I care tremendously about NCAA football, don't be so insulting!
What do you think of social situations in which you think about what you can get out of hanging out and talking to the ones you choose? Does that end up sounding too much like you're using people for your own personal gain?
So 2012 does sound dbag ish but he has a point. I made the mistake of befriending a person who took complete advantage of me. She was always short in cash, needed to borrow money and wanted me to pay for stuff.
Me being dumb and hard up for socialization, let it go for awhile. I have since ditched her stupid ass and am much better off without her. I work part time and don't make nearly as much as I used to but am not hurting for money.
I am extremely cautious who I let into my life now and only pay for dinner for my mom. Lesson learned I guess. People can be so horrible
Yeah people like that sucks, but it's not fair to assume EVERYONE without doctorate degrees are like that. That's the problem!
In fact some people with doctorate degrees are just as sleezy as the person you described. My mom's friend dated a dentist that would always borrow money from women and NEVER pay them back!!! It was large sums of money too! And he has a DDS. So it's not only people without doctorates that sponge off people! UNFORTUNATELY! 🙁
This is also known as "the jackpot"
Wow...Everyone is piling on OP, but I do not think he intended to say what came out of his post. I think OP meant to say that most people tend to have better relationship with others who share their interest. That statement is true whether most of you like it or not.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.