Sociology class requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that the new MCAT is in place, are most medical schools also requiring sociology class as pre-requisites? If it's not required in most medical schools, which schools do require sociology class? This is for the entering class of 2017.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
they'd probably require something more broad like a "social science" class that could be either psych, econ, sociology etc rather than saying you have to take a soc class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Invest in an MSAR, but don't use it exclusively. I applied to Duke, which lists everything as recommended courses, yet apparently these courses are all required...

Invest in an MSAR, but don't use it exclusively. I applied to Duke, which lists everything as recommended courses, yet apparently these courses are all required...
Are you saying the info on MSAR for Duke was wrong/different than what was actually listed on the Duke's website?

Are you saying the info on MSAR for Duke was wrong/different than what was actually listed on the Duke's website?
Yes; apparently Duke's recommendations/expectations are requirements, or so I've heard from current Duke med students.