Solved

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akg0119

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If it fits it ships. If secondary asks for toughest feedback and you talk about the toughest feedback it should be good, better than a lesser but irl example

edit: I seem to have misunderstood the question and proposed answer so go with someone else haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I think they might be looking for more interpersonal feedback. BUT, if you have write a very introspective piece based on a grade for the prompt, AND you don't have any other interpersonal stories that would work, you might have a case. I'm going to guess the things they could learn about you from such a prompt would be your attitudes and reactions when dealing with others (particularly those who are not saying nice things, ie giving difficult feedback), your level of introspection, and your ability to improve. For the grade example, you only have two of those.

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounded to me like a person giving you specific feedback, but what do I know

I would definitely not write about a grade. The question is trying to get at your ability to hear feedback and understand and receive it. There is enough grade-centered perfectionism in med school already. If you write about a grade you will be missing the point as well as giving an answer they do not like.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hey all, I really appreciate the feedback. I want to be super clear, I'm talking about an actual failing grade in a course, like I received an F. I'm trying to explain what happened that led to my grade in different secondaries and this seemed like the most applicable question for one specific school. (Edit: NOT due to academic dishonesty or anything like that, I was dealing with a serious personal event that semester that led me to basically "check out" of the class.)

I have other examples where I received more interpersonal feedback, but then I wouldn't have a chance to explain my failing grade. Do you think this is the better plan?
@gonnif @gyngyn
If they want to know about the grade, they’ll ask. Don’t miss the point of the secondary and come across as someone who misses the point, can’t introspect and is neurotically only focused on grades. It’ll just make things worse.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey all, I really appreciate the feedback. I want to be super clear, I'm talking about an actual failing grade in a course, like I received an F. I'm trying to explain what happened that led to my grade in different secondaries and this seemed like the most applicable question for one specific school. (Edit: NOT due to academic dishonesty or anything like that, I was dealing with a serious personal event that semester that led me to basically "check out" of the class.)

I have other examples where I received more interpersonal feedback, but then I wouldn't have a chance to explain my failing grade. Do you think this is the better plan?
@gonnif @gyngyn
They are not asking about your academic performance in this essay. They're asking about your development and even if you developed from an F, you're shooting yourself in the foot with even mentioning the F. Talk about something non-academic related. Do not try to address this F in this essay.

• Love

@gonnif @gyngyn
Adcoms want to see that your life is not centered on academics. 4.0 automatons are a dime-a-dozen.