some guidance for a foreign dentist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keerthi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a dentist graduated from india.Iwas planning to come to us.I have taken my TOEFL & GRE .what is the procedure of getting a licence toI practice in US.
Do i have to studyagain, or clear vsome exams.Hope you give me some valuable suggestions & guide me through.

Members don't see this ad.

Most of us here are MD non-U.S., MD students non-U.S., or considering MD abroad. I'm not sure we can answer your question. You might want to check the dental forum, if you haven't already.

Nonetheless, good luck.

-Skip

Most foreign dentists have to go back to school for at least two years in an accredited training program at a US dental school. Try looking up the NYU Dental School webpage. They have a program for Foreign Dentists (as does Penn and, I believe, Nova Southeastern).

Go to :

http://www.nyu.edu/dental/academicprograms/international/home.shtml

Good Luck!
:D

Hi,
I've read your e mail and since I'm a dentist in the same circumstances that you are, I wanted to help you with the information I have.
I've taken Part I and II of the Dental Boards. Part I is mandatory to apply to any Advanced Standing Program. Part II is optional for most of them, and mandatory for a couple...(like Tufts University in Boston).
What I would recommend you to do is to go to the American Dental Association web page at www.ada.org and do some research there under de Licensure requirements. That's going to orient you a lot.
If you have any other question, I'll be glad to help you. I'm from Argentina...and I've been here for a year and half know.
Wishing you the best,
Paola