Some Guidance needed For those who prepped w/ EK...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

ai[daote9-

Hey guys. Im in the beginning stages of my full time prep. Take the MCAT May 19th. Been out of school for a couple of years so some areas of my content review are starting from the ground up, and Im focusing on chem and physics before getting into the rest of the material because those are my weaknesses. I get through the material and do all the questions, review my notes etc, and I am astonished by how difficult I am finding the EK 35min chapter exams after each chapter. Im scoring in the C range and plenty of questions are me guessing answers correctly just using logic that may or may not be entirely correct, and I end up going over the timer every time. It makes me feel like I didn't learn anything. So the questions is do I use that as a true indicator to my lack of knowledge needed for the test and take the time to try to fill in every whole now? Or do I grade it, write down relevant mistakes, and move on with the intention of letting practice tests be my guide for fixing my gaps later. Note so far I have only worked through gen chem, orgo, and physics which are relatively low yield. Also note, I don't plan on starting practice tests yet as I am truly relearning a lot of this material, but I will be doing timed practice sessions w/ the EK 101 Passages as soon as next week, since they are outlined according to the content review.

Thank you guys for your time.

Members don't see this ad.