Some helpful advise needed

Started by KhalidBX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KhalidBX

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was going to college for an engineering major..and semester after semester continued to realize it wasn't for me. I maintained passing grades B's and quiet a few C+ and one "F" my very first semester didn't know a think about withdrawals......but transferred to a pre-med school. I have maintained A's and high B's in my Pre-Med program...the problem is I have about 4 W's from my old college and they were towards the end when I truly lost interest in the major...also I was about 20-21 at this time...now I'm 25. Question is will this drastically affect my chances into medical school for a MD...

IF my MCAT scores are really high and my GPA is around a 3.5-3.6 what are my chances of entering an MD program.
 
Assuming everything else (ECs, LORs, good essays, don't interview like a tool, apply broadly MD/DO, etc) you should be fine. Adcoms do take into account upward trends when looking at GPAs.