Some people out there really hate SDN...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I like how in one post you were a "she."
I was a she too.
I was flattered...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I was a she too.
I was flattered...

That's true! Come to think of it I think all the adcoms were referred to as she. I mean, I know discerning gender can be hard on anonymous online forums, but when they simply apply a blanket pronoun I wonder if they're not just too lazy to bother customizing.

Reactions: 1 users
I was a she too.
I was flattered...
If you and Goro are both "she's", then which bathroom would you use in North Carolina? :confused:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At least I'm not a meat torpedo.

What brought that on? I like your posts and thoughtful comments!
It's an obscure pop culture reference.

58027538.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The wife my son and I went out to Starbucks this morning and I was reading these posts while waiting for my chai tea.

Pro tip to avoid being ridiculed by your baristas: chai is Hindi for "tea," so saying "chai tea" is redundant.

That was the most Millenial thing I've ever read. This is why people think our generation is entitled.

Oh that grammar in the article was BAD! Painful to read. But it does rather convincingly make the case how the "not quite good enough" came to be separated from the "well qualified candidates."

"LA native, Angela Mujukian is a Medical Student at St. George’s University, Elite Daily Campus Ambassador, and Huffington Post Contributor. When she’s not being a Wizard on the wards, or doing research at Cedars-Sinai, she is co-authoring the best-selling book series and movement, 20 Beautiful Women: Volume 3 Edition. Graduate of UCLA, earning a B.A in English, trained by the LA Times as a News Reporter/Viewpoint Columnist for Daily Bruin. Tackling her dreams one patient or blog post at a time to make the world a better place. Angela’s gift of tenacity, strong-will, and refuse-to-lose attitude distinguishes her as an unstoppable force."

OMG! :smack: The author of that painful-to-read and logically challenged piece is a LA native with a BA in English from UCLA ?! And this was Huffington Post and not The Onion. Good grief!

Oh that grammar in the article was BAD! Painful to read. But it does rather convincingly make the case how the "not quite good enough" came to be separated from the "well qualified candidates."

I eye rolled my way through that article. Is she on some really good drugs? Or actually serious?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

"LA native, Angela Mujukian is a Medical Student at St. George’s University, Elite Daily Campus Ambassador, and Huffington Post Contributor. When she’s not being a Wizard on the wards, or doing research at Cedars-Sinai, she is co-authoring the best-selling book series and movement, 20 Beautiful Women: Volume 3 Edition. Graduate of UCLA, earning a B.A in English, trained by the LA Times as a News Reporter/Viewpoint Columnist for Daily Bruin. Tackling her dreams one patient or blog post at a time to make the world a better place. Angela’s gift of tenacity, strong-will, and refuse-to-lose attitude distinguishes her as an unstoppable force."

OMG! :smack: The author of that painful-to-read and logically challenged piece is a LA native with a BA in English from UCLA ?! And this was Huffington Post and not The Onion. Good grief!

Plus I think this trend of "let me write a cute little bio paragraph to follow up all my articles and show everyone what an awesome quirky writer-hipster I am" is incredibly lame. Wizard on the wards... :shrug:

Yeesh... her personal statement was probably hard to read. So many grammar problems and so much redundant phrasing. Probably doesn't reflect very well on UCLA's English program

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Never before have I seen someone referring herself as a millennial or generation Y. In fact, I didn't know what millennial/generation Y were before the creation of this post.

equally as students whom attends a U.S. medical school

:writer: I am sad

Reactions: 2 users
I read the first sentence and had to get up and do something else...

I eye rolled my way through that article. Is she on some really good drugs? Or actually serious?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I was hoping to get a shout out for being an ass, guess I have to step it up.

Amazing. I love that she's the face of SGU. A fine illustration of how janktastic the Caribbean is.

Pretty sure Starbucks sells chai as chai tea, chai tea latte, etc. Wouldn't say all :p
Haha probably so, but I'm certainly not gonna let the Starbucks marketing team make me speak like a dork! Which is why I always say small/medium/large instead of using their convoluted size names lol

Reactions: 1 user
Starbucks sells chai as chai tea, chai tea latte, etc. Wouldn't say all know :p

Let's get the thread back on topic

What was the topic again?

Oh yeah - hating on SDN and all who frequent it. :beat:

Did y'all notice the notion that the Team Reddit had that Adcom members somehow work 24/7 on admissions only, and thus how could we possibly have time for posting on SDN?

Reactions: 2 users
... I remember walking into the theater. I was eleven.

giphy.gif
Pretty sure I saw it at home when I was 13. Wish I'd seen it in theaters.

Oh right, on topic. Yeah, reddit. Those guise. Totally nfc what they're talking about in premed.

I refuse to even sign up for a reddit account because of the enormous noise:signal ratio in most subs.

Pretty sure I saw it at home when I was 13. Wish I'd seen it in theaters.

Oh right, on topic. Yeah, reddit. Those guise. Totally nfc what they're talking about in premed.

I refuse to even sign up for a reddit account because of the enormous noise:signal ratio in most subs.
Also, their user interface is kinda shyte, tbh.

SDN, by the way, has one of the best forum UIs I've ever used. Forums, in general, tend to be absolute garbage when it comes to layout and features. SDN hits the sweet spot in all regards.

It's really too bad, Reddit used to be a great place for science/tech stuff, but it got taken over by 4chan type kids and now it's pretty much a festering pile of poop. Just look at /r/the_donald.

It's really too bad, Reddit used to be a great place for science/tech stuff, but it got taken over by 4chan type kids and now it's pretty much a festering pile of poop. Just look at /r/the_donald.

/r/the_donald isn't exactly going to attract the most level-headed people, is it? It's basically a Trump rally, complete with protesters. Reddit does have some great content.

Reddit can't really be "taken over." There's just a lot more stupid subreddits out there than there used to be. But the good subreddits are no doubt still there, even if the average quality of posters has likely declined.

@J Senpai @Mad Jack The social interface model is more oriented towards being a feed aggregator than a social software platform. The design fits the function imo.