Some question about red blood cell?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ogoodii

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi? I have very interesting question?

If someone have bigger then normal red blood cell, then what will happen?
Actually someone likes that, and he asked me? I have no idea ….?
Does anyone could answer?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

homework question?

Hi? I have very interesting question?

If someone have bigger then normal red blood cell, then what will happen?
Actually someone likes that, and he asked me? I have no idea ….?
Does anyone could answer?
Thanks

It depends. Are the capillaries also much larger than normal? If so, no problems (up to a point). If the capillaries are about average, you're dead....

BTW the size of RBC's is so standard among humans that they're used as a measurement when looking at a tissue slide.

Members don't see this ad :)
The diameter of the artery in normal conditions (in other words variance in size of the diameter) does not make much difference. If there is a varicance in rbc size that is significant this can lead to a rolo (sp?) condition. Also, large rbcs can be a sign of anemia.

If the arterial diameter is decrease due to a pathologic condition (like plaque build up) this can increase the pressure on the vessel to the power of 4 or greater. When this happens, it can have many significant adverse rxns.

this would be the short answer.

The diameter of the artery in normal conditions (in other words variance in size of the diameter) does not make much difference. If there is a variation in rbc size that is significant this can lead to a rolo (sp?) condition. Also, large rbcs can be a sign of anemia.

If the arterial diameter is decreased due to a pathologic condition (like plaque build up) this can increase the pressure on the vessel to the power of 4 or greater. When this happens, it can have many significant adverse rxns.

this would be the short answer.

Chronic alcoholism impairs the production of blood cells from the bone marrow. When the bone marrow is having trouble making and sending out blood cells it takes longer to form the blood cells so the shapr ends up being bigger, although they have less of the hemoglobin contained in them to carry oxygen. Therefore when looked at under the microscope they look bigger than normal. This is termed "macrocytosis" or "macrocytic anemia". There may be associated malnutriton or iron deficiency in alcoholism also, and an underactive thyroid or thalassemia (inherited blood disorder) can produce a similar picture. This results in anemia - lack of energy, and sometimes impaired ability to fight infection. Alcohol is also toxic to platelets, teh blood components that clot the blood when necessary.

Online Medical Reference Hub for medical students​

But a u sure that this is a anemia. But that guy is so healty though ... and strong ...
< maybe he can control his presure? is it normal?>
Actually, sometimes he had very high presure ... is it related to rbc?

It sounds like you are trying to diagnose someone in here.

If so. STOP RIGHT NOW.

This is a medical student website. From time to time some physicians come in here to give general advice in the medical school process.

This is not a site for Medical advice. If this person you are talking about needs medical care, they need to visit a physician and get the proper care they deserve.

Disease of the hemotologic system need to be evaluated in full. Discussion about them in here will not help solve his problems.

Seek a physician.

R u kidding? it's ur homework question right.