some questions about job market etc.

Started by ccpbruin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ccpbruin

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I've been a lurker that finally got around to registering. I'm graduating this sept. and have been checking out the different job markets in california and the southwest. Anyone familiar with either the Las Vegas or Phoenix market? Which retail company has better work environment where I won't have to float too long initially. which one can I get consistent overtime at 1.5 rate. I've been getting offers from both areas and it seems only the phoenix market gives incentives. Thanks. anyone info would help.



PS. I have two more rotations to finish; anyone familiar with how the experience is like at the loma linda VA hopital?
 
I was at an intern meeting at the Walgreens corporate office yesterday. Out west, they offered incentives to work in Phoenix, Salt Lake City & Fresno.
 
True, the Phoenix market may give incentives. But, you have to ask yourself if the extra few bucks an hour and gift-rate-taxable sign-on bonus are worth a multi-year commitment to:

4 out of 12 months of over 110 F temps
ridiculously high housing prices (bubble)
the fact that this once nice city is now pretty much L.A. East




...of course, I could just be trying to scare you away to keep demand high here. 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pharmaz88 said:
True, the Phoenix market may give incentives. But, you have to ask yourself if the extra few bucks an hour and gift-rate-taxable sign-on bonus are worth a multi-year commitment to:

4 out of 12 months of over 110 F temps
ridiculously high housing prices (bubble)
the fact that this once nice city is now pretty much L.A. East




...of course, I could just be trying to scare you away to keep demand high here. 😀

East L.A.? There's not quite enough smog....yet.
 
pharmaz88 said:
True, the Phoenix market may give incentives. But, you have to ask yourself if the extra few bucks an hour and gift-rate-taxable sign-on bonus are worth a multi-year commitment to:

4 out of 12 months of over 110 F temps
ridiculously high housing prices (bubble)
the fact that this once nice city is now pretty much L.A. East




...of course, I could just be trying to scare you away to keep demand high here. 😀

phoenix sounds like a decent area. who knows i might be end up being your preceptor. :meanie: