Someone please explain RFO->Orders process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

73BARMYPgsp

Post Doc
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am supposed to be attending the 16JUN-11AUG OBLC class ot Ft. Sam. I have not received orders yet, and my career advisor told me about 2 weeks ago that he had a "funding site" and that "in a couple of weeks" would be the RFO, then orders. Does anyone here understand this process and what the usual milestones/timeline is?

I am clin psych, so the way it works for us is there are three sets of orders.

1. Promotion to AD CPT from reservist 2LT
2. TDY Orders for OBLC en route to
3. Permanent duty station (travel, family, HHG) to start 5th year internship (AD)

What should I be looking for and where? My AKO account, MODS, the mail box?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My RFO came via my AKO account. If you dont get the RFO, you can always contact your PCO to see what the hold up is.

My RFO came via my AKO account. If you dont get the RFO, you can always contact your PCO to see what the hold up is.

That is good to know, and thanks. However, I guess what I am asking is whether or not someone on here knows the process. That is, someone who can say, "this happens, then this happens, and it takes so long. Then this happens at this place, and these people do such and such and then you have your orders." That kind of thing.

So I am supposed to be attending the 16JUN-11AUG OBLC class ot Ft. Sam. I have not received orders yet, and my career advisor told me about 2 weeks ago that he had a "funding site" and that "in a couple of weeks" would be the RFO, then orders. Does anyone here understand this process and what the usual milestones/timeline is?

I am clin psych, so the way it works for us is there are three sets of orders.

1. Promotion to AD CPT from reservist 2LT
2. TDY Orders for OBLC en route to
3. Permanent duty station (travel, family, HHG) to start 5th year internship (AD)

What should I be looking for and where? My AKO account, MODS, the mail box?

Thanks.

Well my experience on the medical corps side of things:
Told I would receive RFO by end of March.
By mid-April nothing heard via email, snail mail, or phone.
Contacted Consultant with concern over delay of process and within 2 days I had RFO in my AKO email.

Then comes part 2. I was given the impression that the time to receive orders would be quick (on order of days) after the RFO. Nothing heard/received for 2 weeks. Called GME office to inquire and was told it should take a day or two at most, but that the specific person that processed my orders was not expedient. Contacted same consultant with concern that moving process would be hampered more due to where my name fell in alphabet more than anything else. Within 2 days I have my orders. Official copy in the mail, and emailed copy to me from the powers that be.

Now when I talked to the HR dept in STL directly I was told the RFO to Order process may take up to 2 months. This clearly is not everyones experience.

First let me say all parties involved were extremely helpful and efficient in assisting the process along. Everyone from POC to Consultant for Specialty to Section Chief gave me the same days to a week or so timline from RFO to orders.

HTH