• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

you copy/paste everyones reactions after the tests then after the scores so they can compare them Lol. I remember someone saying how awful it was and they prob didnt score over a 24. And they ended up getting a 36.

Amba

10+ Year Member
May 21, 2011
CWE
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
For what it's worth.

Post test:

Not sure how exactly to feel about this test.

PS - I felt like this was easier than most of the later AAMCs. There were 1 or 2 questions that I had to take educated guesses on but I felt pretty good about everything else. Had some calculations but not as heavy as AAMC 11 imo. A lot more straight-forward questions than I was expecting...it's like they took a lot of the concepts you have to know and condensed them each into individual, straight-forward questions.

VR - Wow. This sucked. For one, I wish you were able to zoom out because the font was a lot larger than I was used to. But anyway, all these passages were dry and the questions sucked. I averaged around an 11 on AAMCs for VR but I'd be thrilled with a 10 on this section. On the plus side, I did finish every passage but who knows how the questions went...

BS - Felt a lot like AAMC 11. A couple difficult questions that were random facts but most answers were in the passages. There was one question that completely came out of left field that I remember in particular...luckily I remembered something from my microbio course and was able to apply it.

I kind of wish the sciences were a little harder because the curve won't be very generous. And I feel like we might get screwed on VR. We'll see in a month, I suppose.

My AAMC range was 34-39, for what it's worth.

Before logging in to check my score:

I am terrified of logging in and seeing something like a 7 for verbal :(

Actual score: 14/11/12 (37P)

I think we had a really tough curve on BS because I thought I would be more in the 14ish range. I was also wrong about my feelings on VR (thank God).

kasho11

May 29, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Definitely won't take the time to do this now, but if someone doesn't compile this I will most likely do it during June when I'm waiting for my scores, so I can still be doing something neurotic related to the MCAT.

About the Ads

Tots

c/o 2018
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Chicago
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Obviously my reaction was not very accurate.

PS: Don't really remember it. Probably a good thing. Not bad I think.

VR: Felt like a regular AAMC test. Not too terrible.

WS: BSBSBSBSBSBSBS.

BS: Oh hi verbal...wait this is BS.....Oh this is pretty easy....HOLY **** WTF IS THIS. OMG I AM GOING TO FAIL.

Yeah that was pretty much the test for me. For the first time ever I took the entire time for BS.

40Q VR: 13 PS: 12 BS: 15 W: Q :love:

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.