Someone took over the chatroom!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imtiaz

i cant translate stupid
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was in the SDN chat today, and some bastard kicked me out of the room and banned me!

Their info is:

| serv : arena.ca.us.webchat.org
hmmmm prefers to speak in English
?????????????????????????????????????????????

They kicked me out with the message:

[20:10] *** You were kicked from #studentdoctor by hmmmm (No ****ing Sand *******.)

Can you beleive this? It's uncalled for!

Members don't see this ad.

whoa...who did that? I can't believe some of the idiots on here...I'm sorry imitiaz...hopefully an administrator can take care of it... :p

I was just in there...and when @hmmmm joined, my screen got all ****ed up...who is that? what are they doing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just stopped in, but I'm not having any trouble yet.

I'm checking into whether or not we can do anything about this hmmm thing.

A good way of going about finding out who this is is looking at posters with a shawcable.net domain. Then if there's a small number of them, checking to see who they are and finding their connection to the webchat.org irc server by emailing the irc server admins, they have logs of that stuff. Youll then know their IP, it should be static because theyre on cable modem. Go to it guys! Find this *****!

nothing we can do abt it........seems like some hilbilly with no tolerance....he pissed me off enough to ban me everytime i come to the room. The only solution is to change the chat server, because he has registered the channel in his name. There are several chat servers we can transfer to, with ease. pm me if u have q's

It is very very easy to get the channel back on a network that has channel services like webchat.org. The IRCops will erase records and re-register the channel. The paramount concern is to find out WHO this person is, and if they're one of US who post. Again, just look at IPs of posters that have shawcable.net in them, then email the webchat.org people and get a log of connections made at 22:00 +/- 1hr and match up the IPs connecting there from a shawcable.net domain and bingo, you found the person.

Well, I just asked hmmmm about the showcable, and guess what? I was booted.

As for the hillbilly thing, not all us hillbillies are like that.

It seems hmmmm wants to boot anyone who isn't white. When Resident Alien mentioned he was foreign he was booted by this hmmmm fellow.

It's kinda freaky there are such intolerant people out there! Let's hope it's not a mole among us... I'd hate to go to school with a racist! :mad:

Shawcable is a Candian ISP, this guy is obviously from ed(monton).shawcable.net. Don't ask this guy, he obviously cant be trusted. ask the people at arena.ca.us.webchat.org for a connection log. Theyll send you one happily when you mention that studentdoctor.net's chat has been taken over.

By the way, I grew up in the USA, I know no other culture. This IS my culture. I don't make generalizations about a particular racial group based on the actions of just one person. I have friends across the spectrum, this guy is just an isolated nutcase. I just think we should find out WHo it is!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Jamier2:
•As for the hillbilly thing, not all us hillbillies are like that.

•••••Just to clarify, and this is because of the way i use my lingo, when i say hilbilly, i usually mean ignorant "whites". sorry if thats offensive, i'll delete it if anyone minds. I'm obviously an ignorant foreigner anyway. :D :p :wink:

Ok, I went in to check things out. Someone with the name mcdonny or mcdonney was in the room. I politely inquired (yeah right) about the situation. He said "who the **** are you". I asked if he was the one throwing everyone out, and he promptly left. Almost immediately, hmmmm arrived. I then left...

Hope this helps. Obviously he isn't a regular. I think he would have recognized me.

Go get him!

I tried going to the chat room but nothing was going on.. What a jerk!! I'm mostly disgusted because I'm from Edmonton too! :mad: way to give us all a bad name!

•••quote:••••Originally posted by Resident Alien:
Just to clarify, and this is because of the way i use my lingo, when i say hilbilly, i usually mean ignorant "whites". sorry if thats offensive, i'll delete it if anyone minds.•••••I'm not offended if everyone else that isn't white doesn't mind if I use common terms for ignorant "blacks", "asians", "latinos", and other assorted people. We all know what these hurtful and ignorant terms are.

Why is is OK to use these terms if they apply to whites, but if the same type of terms are used for others, the person using the term gets slammed? It's all hurtful, regardless. Nobody should use any term like that.

Signed,
A temporarily angry white guy that doesn't think the world needs this **** in any manner, anywhere.

PS: OK, now that I've got that off my chest, no harm, no foul. :p That *sshole in the chatroom ought to be netkopped. :mad:

As you can read about in the Lounge, the 'shole problem in the chatroom has been solved permanently. :)

As for the hillbilly thing, I can see the point. Hillbilly doesn't bother me, but "Cracker" can.