• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Something just occurred to me...

CremasterFlash

Born yesterday.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 27, 2006
The Mothership.
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I took a class in undergrad as ungraded, meaning that the grade did not contribute to my GPA (French III if memory serves). Like P/F except that it was S/Cr/NC meaning Satisfactory, Credit and No Credit.

I received an NC due to being an idiot who essentially stopped going to class after the second week. How does this get counted by AMCAS? When I apply will I have to put an F in my grading calculation?

So far I'm really doing well in my post-bacc and should be able to drag my 3.2 undergrad to something closer to a 3.5 or so. An F would really not help.

Any knowledge of how the AMCAS common app handles this sort of thing?

About the Ads

southpawcannon

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2006
  1. Pre-Medical
What about IP(in-progress)? Say you left a program in which you took a course during the first summer that would continue the following summer, in which the goal was to do some sort of project before the end of the second year?

gotmeds?

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
  1. Medical Student
AMCAS counts everything and that will be counted as an "F". I'd check their website to be certain.

No they don't. Pass/Fail classes are listed in the "Supplemental Hours" category and not counted toward your GPA. It would be a little unfair to count your failed classes against you and not give you any credit for the ones you passed.

CremasterFlash

Born yesterday.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 27, 2006
The Mothership.
  1. Resident [Any Field]
No they don't. Pass/Fail classes are listed in the "Supplemental Hours" category and not counted toward your GPA. It would be a little unfair to count your failed classes against you and not give you any credit for the ones you passed.

i was thinking about that last night, thanks for the clarification. glad i wasn't filling out my AMCAS on the basis of the earlier advice.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.