Something to think about

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustFillIt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Wearing a mask all day is certainly not without risks or adverse effects.

Sounds like hazard pay is entirely appropriate

Members don't see this ad.

I use the regular surgical mask. Everyone here should already be used to it like putting on clothes. Don't need N95. On 9/16, I'm getting the moderna vaccine too

A bunch of you Karen need this.

Reactions: 1 user

Wearing a mask all day is certainly not without risks or adverse effects.

Sounds like hazard pay is entirely appropriate
You’re wearing N95s or PAPRs at work? All they give me is a surgical mask, which isn’t really problematic enough that this article even addresses it. I still think hazard pay may be appropriate due to the stress caused by putting yourself at risk during a pandemic, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
**** that, I love the masks. I don't shave anymore. I can frown at people all day. What made me depressed is acting like I was happy to be there when some ****head asked me to run the 4th discount card to see if it was any cheaper than the first three.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I like to smell my bad breath and burps.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I wonder if there is any effect from breathing in the fibers from these cheap chinese surgical masks all day.

gotta take advantage of them ultravioletz
You know your windshield block like 98-99% of all UV radiation, right? Ever notice you never get a sunburn in the car especially from the front?

You know your windshield block like 98-99% of all UV radiation, right? Ever notice you never get a sunburn in the car especially from the front?

I feel like I get smarter every day when I visit this website

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

This simply isn't true. Trump told me. Besides, I'm not the one who said I left my mask on the dash and let the sunlight do the work!

Members don't see this ad :)
UV-A still passes through glass, but neither have the anti-life effect of UV-C

Now that’s it’s socially acceptable to wear masks in public, I’ll likely continue to wear them even in a post-COVID world, just to protect myself from influenza/cold/seasonal allergies

I thought we all agreed these useless masks people are wearing every day protect OTHERS from YOU... not the other way around.

I hate to admit but these masks have helped me realize just how much we spit all over each other and/or our surrounding environment when we talk.

Say it don’t spray it

I am sure that the the heat wave this weekend did its job if not UV.

I use the regular surgical mask. Everyone here should already be used to it like putting on clothes. Don't need N95. On 9/16, I'm getting the moderna vaccine too

As part of the trial? How do you know you'll be getting vaccine and not placebo? They called me to enroll in the Moderna trial and said that they won't tell me if I got vaccine or placebo for 2 years...though i don't know if they are recruiting for different trials.

As part of the trial? How do you know you'll be getting vaccine and not placebo? They called me to enroll in the Moderna trial and said that they won't tell me if I got vaccine or placebo for 2 years...though i don't know if they are recruiting for different trials.
Do an antibody test after you get 2 doses. If you are still negative, you know what you get.

Do a test after you get 2 doses. If you are still negative, you know what you get.

Hmm smart, though the antibodies could be a sign of past infection that may wane...too many unknowns I guess for me to be comfortable with it all, but I'm glad that there are people whom they are actually recruiting.

Here at the VA, we get one surgical mask per week!

Yet we are fully stocked with enough supply for months lol...heaven forbid we give n95 to primary care workers

• Haha
I thought we all agreed these useless masks people are wearing every day protect OTHERS from YOU... not the other way around.

It's both. You are at lowest risk from catching the virus if both you and the infected person is wearing a mask, but one of you wearing a mask is better than neither of you no matter which one is wearing it.

Hmm smart, though the antibodies could be a sign of past infection that may wane...too many unknowns I guess for me to be comfortable with it all, but I'm glad that there are people whom they are actually recruiting.
Janssen is recruiting too in Sept $1500 for 1 dose. I'm sticking with moderna for 2 doses series.

Last edited:
Janssen is recruiting too in Sept $1500 for 1 dose. I'm sticking with moderna for 2 doses series.
Soooo, they dropped me a couple days before my appointment because they reached maximum capacity of 30,000 volunteers.

I went with Vaxart and got my first dose of oral covid19 vaccine on 10/14.

received_352192972695233.jpeg

Wow, nice payout. How did you find that? I'm in a self collection testing study right now, no payment except being the family canary in the coal mine

Wow, nice payout. How did you find that? I'm in a self collection testing study right now, no payment except being the family canary in the coal mine

Is this the Stanford study? I debated joining it, but cancelled after reading what they were allowed to do with my sample.

I just googled clinical trials and it popped up as a top ad by a company who does phase 1 trial and I signed up XD