Somethings gotta give...right?

Started by rlt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rlt

Aggie2012
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm posting because I've found myself confused and discouraged by this process and want to open discussion to others who are in a similar situation. My stats are as follows:

Cum. GPA: 3.61 (3.55 PTCAS)
pre-req GPA: ~3.3 (3.4 at Duke)
Last 60 hrs: 3.8+
GRE: V- 152 Q-152 AW: 4.0

Observation: 700 hrs+ pediatric hospital, sports clinic, hospice, PT mission trip to Costa Rica, naval/military clinic, & currently working as a PT tech in an outpatient setting

MANY Extracurriculars and various leadership positions

Applied: UNC, Duke, Elon, GWU, Belmont, UMD-Balt, Marymount
Interviews: Elon (then waitlist), Belmont (then waitlist), GWU (no word yet)
Denials: UMD-Balt., UNC, Marymount

Yet to hear anything from Duke (which I am REALLY hoping for) and still waiting on a decision from GWU. I am not pursuing the wait-lists from Elon/Belmont as I found I was not personally fond of the programs after visiting.
I guess I just thought this process would be panning out differently. I thought by this time I would at least have something, and now reality is hitting me hard that I could have nothing.
Again, I wanted to put this out there for those in similar positions. I would also appreciate any suggestions/input based off your own experiences.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!
 
The parts of your application that you mentioned are strong.
I totally understand your anxiety with the waiting process. I am still doing the same. I have heard that for a lot of schools, applicants do not find out of their acceptance or not until February. So I wouldn't worry just yet. Did you already have your interview for GW yet? If so, how was it? Good luck. I hope you hear something soon!
 
The parts of your application that you mentioned are strong.
I totally understand your anxiety with the waiting process. I am still doing the same. I have heard that for a lot of schools, applicants do not find out of their acceptance or not until February. So I wouldn't worry just yet. Did you already have your interview for GW yet? If so, how was it? Good luck. I hope you hear something soon!

Hi djb051-
I appreciate the reply. I had my interview at GW 12/8. It was good- a lot of interviewees and everything was group oriented (group activity, group interview, etc.) But the program was great and current students were very nice. I hope everything is going well for you with the process!