Songs With Umph!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMO

Diving Medical Officer
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Along with me, many of you have songs that give you that motivational edge.

What songs do you have that are motivating and sort of nudge you to view your overall goals?

Mine are Changes-Tupac, Thugz Mansion (acoustic)-Tupac, The Scientist-Coldplay, and many others.....

Members don't see this ad.

It's My Turn to Fly by The Urge

......does it every time :)

Anything metal. I'm listening to In Flames right now and it makes me want to go for a run or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Peace of Mind by Boston. It rocks.

"Faith of the Heart" by Rod Stewart

"I won't back down" by Tom Petty

ForensicPath said:
Anything metal. I'm listening to In Flames right now and it makes me want to go for a run or something.

I didn't really imagine there were any metalheads lingering around these parts.

When I want to get amped, I listen to the Black Dahlia Murder or Iron Maiden.

As of recently, I have been listening to Strike Anywhere alot. Not really metal, but they get me going.

Hey DMO! Could you explain what your job is?

ooooo, we're halfway there
oooooOOOOO, livin' on a prayer

Bon Jovi rocks

I've always liked "Bow Down" by Westside Connection.

the thong song...holla!
+pity+

Members don't see this ad :)
The theme from the rock - Airbase
Out of the blue - System F (an oldie but goodie)

all the songs listed thus far really suck. listen to some hendrix or zepplin or zakk wylde era ozzy...........something that really rocks. i wish i were so easily amused as you people.

download every live version (no studio version was ever recorded) of "power of soul" and listen to them over and over. Then download "Izabella"......the woodstock version or the filmore east version preferably. HENDRIX rocks.

Anything with Lil John.....OOKKAAAAAAAAY!

I really get energized listening to the following:

Godsmack
Disturbed
Metallica

Too bad I am not looking at going into surgery. I would love to see the faces of the nurses and other docs in the OR with these bands piped in on the loud speaker.

Trapt "Headstrong"
Eminem "Lose Yourself"

Love listening to these songs while running! Gets me all pumped up to run that extra mile :)

'Let Down' by Radiohead
'New Generation' by Suede
'Seed 2.0' and 'Adrenaline' by the Roots
'Let Forever Be' by the Chemical Bros
'Hey Ya' by Outkast

...all get me going...

My first post and not even medically related. Oh well...

LionInTheDark said:
'Let Down' by Radiohead
'New Generation' by Suede
'Seed 2.0' and 'Adrenaline' by the Roots
'Let Forever Be' by the Chemical Bros
'Hey Ya' by Outkast

...all get me going...

My first post and not even medically related. Oh well...

I was just listening to the Roots. They are amazing.

You should see the Roots' Halloween show- all decked out in pimp regalia and on top of their game... A good excuse to stay in Philly...

I've been listening to 'Clap Your Hands' by the Black Eyed Peas quite a bit too.

The Reflecting God by Marilyn Manson.

I don't know about you guys but I find Ma$e's 1st CD particularly arousing.
He's making a comeback!​

"Saldik" and "Echolaila" by Dead can Dance

I like getting pumped up by listening to Rocky soundtracks. Aw Yeah Baby!

Anything by A Tribe Called Quest or Jurassic 5.

Champagne and Reefer by Muddy Waters

All Stevie Ray Vaughan. Period. :horns:

bwc77 said:
all the songs listed thus far really suck. listen to some hendrix or zepplin or zakk wylde era ozzy...........something that really rocks. i wish i were so easily amused as you people.

download every live version (no studio version was ever recorded) of "power of soul" and listen to them over and over. Then download "Izabella"......the woodstock version or the filmore east version preferably. HENDRIX rocks.

You must be one of those people that think they're automatically cool/cultured/mature because you listen to old music. The reality is, you're not.

I remember this fool in high school that thought he was the coolest guy cause all he listened to was Pink Floyd. No one thought he was cool--everyone thought he was gay.

Alexander99 said:
You must be one of those people that think they're automatically cool/cultured/mature because you listen to old music. The reality is, you're not.

I remember this fool in high school that thought he was the coolest guy cause all he listened to was Pink Floyd. No one thought he was cool--everyone thought he was gay.

:laugh: :laugh:

Although I like various types/genres of music....Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" and "We are the world", pumps me up ;)

'Jump' by Van Halen. David Lee Roth forever.