DMO

Diving Medical Officer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2003
135
0
!
Visit site
Status
Along with me, many of you have songs that give you that motivational edge.

What songs do you have that are motivating and sort of nudge you to view your overall goals?

Mine are Changes-Tupac, Thugz Mansion (acoustic)-Tupac, The Scientist-Coldplay, and many others.....
 

sharkhy

Junior Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2004
12
0
KC
Visit site
Status
It's My Turn to Fly by The Urge

......does it every time :)
 
F

ForensicPath

Anything metal. I'm listening to In Flames right now and it makes me want to go for a run or something.
 
About the Ads

theprizefighter

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2003
220
1
Visit site
Status
Maps, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

tpf
 

DrJ2B

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2003
760
0
38
NY
Status
"Faith of the Heart" by Rod Stewart
 

raptorattack

Junior Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2004
21
0
34
Athens, GA
Visit site
Status
ForensicPath said:
Anything metal. I'm listening to In Flames right now and it makes me want to go for a run or something.
I didn't really imagine there were any metalheads lingering around these parts.

When I want to get amped, I listen to the Black Dahlia Murder or Iron Maiden.

As of recently, I have been listening to Strike Anywhere alot. Not really metal, but they get me going.
 

indo

Feed me a stray cat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
7,270
12
www.mcw.edu
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey DMO! Could you explain what your job is?
 

Alexander99

Ghetto Fabulous
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2003
2,361
0
San Diego
Visit site
Status
I've always liked "Bow Down" by Westside Connection.
 
About the Ads

bwc77

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2002
75
0
Visit site
Status
all the songs listed thus far really suck. listen to some hendrix or zepplin or zakk wylde era ozzy...........something that really rocks. i wish i were so easily amused as you people.

download every live version (no studio version was ever recorded) of "power of soul" and listen to them over and over. Then download "Izabella"......the woodstock version or the filmore east version preferably. HENDRIX rocks.
 

CanIMakeIt

It will get better once you are...still waiting :)
15+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2003
1,494
18
Status
Attending Physician
Faith of the heart - Rod Stewart

and bunch of songs in my language
 

theringworm

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2003
144
1
Visit site
Status
I really get energized listening to the following:

Godsmack
Disturbed
Metallica

Too bad I am not looking at going into surgery. I would love to see the faces of the nurses and other docs in the OR with these bands piped in on the loud speaker.
 

priyapriya

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2004
13
0
Maryland
Visit site
Status
Trapt "Headstrong"
Eminem "Lose Yourself"

Love listening to these songs while running! Gets me all pumped up to run that extra mile :)
 

LionInTheDark

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2004
84
0
A little farther south
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
'Let Down' by Radiohead
'New Generation' by Suede
'Seed 2.0' and 'Adrenaline' by the Roots
'Let Forever Be' by the Chemical Bros
'Hey Ya' by Outkast

...all get me going...

My first post and not even medically related. Oh well...
 

raptorattack

Junior Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2004
21
0
34
Athens, GA
Visit site
Status
LionInTheDark said:
'Let Down' by Radiohead
'New Generation' by Suede
'Seed 2.0' and 'Adrenaline' by the Roots
'Let Forever Be' by the Chemical Bros
'Hey Ya' by Outkast

...all get me going...

My first post and not even medically related. Oh well...
I was just listening to the Roots. They are amazing.
 

LionInTheDark

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2004
84
0
A little farther south
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
You should see the Roots' Halloween show- all decked out in pimp regalia and on top of their game... A good excuse to stay in Philly...

I've been listening to 'Clap Your Hands' by the Black Eyed Peas quite a bit too.
 

Lion-O

Sight beyond sight.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2004
196
0
60
Status
The Reflecting God by Marilyn Manson.
 

indo

Feed me a stray cat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
7,270
12
www.mcw.edu
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I don't know about you guys but I find Ma$e's 1st CD particularly arousing.
He's making a comeback!​
 

Alexander99

Ghetto Fabulous
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2003
2,361
0
San Diego
Visit site
Status
bwc77 said:
all the songs listed thus far really suck. listen to some hendrix or zepplin or zakk wylde era ozzy...........something that really rocks. i wish i were so easily amused as you people.

download every live version (no studio version was ever recorded) of "power of soul" and listen to them over and over. Then download "Izabella"......the woodstock version or the filmore east version preferably. HENDRIX rocks.
You must be one of those people that think they're automatically cool/cultured/mature because you listen to old music. The reality is, you're not.

I remember this fool in high school that thought he was the coolest guy cause all he listened to was Pink Floyd. No one thought he was cool--everyone thought he was gay.
 

MrTee

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2003
337
2
Visit site
Status
Alexander99 said:
You must be one of those people that think they're automatically cool/cultured/mature because you listen to old music. The reality is, you're not.

I remember this fool in high school that thought he was the coolest guy cause all he listened to was Pink Floyd. No one thought he was cool--everyone thought he was gay.
:laugh: :laugh:
 
About the Ads