Technology Sony PSP

Started by SuitsYou
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SuitsYou

Oooh!
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody pick up one of these guys yet? Went to the mall the other day expecting to find them all sold out. Instead every store seems to have a ton of them, of course this is bad because now I cant stop thinking about buying one. Pretty high price tag $250 plus $40 per game which is bothering me more than a little bit but then again I have to have the newest stuff that comes along. Anyone have any experience with them yet and can they recommend any games?
 
SuitsYou said:
Anybody pick up one of these guys yet? Went to the mall the other day expecting to find them all sold out. Instead every store seems to have a ton of them, of course this is bad because now I cant stop thinking about buying one. Pretty high price tag $250 plus $40 per game which is bothering me more than a little bit but then again I have to have the newest stuff that comes along. Anyone have any experience with them yet and can they recommend any games?

Ya i got some reccomendations, get yourself along with the games a 1 gb memory chip if your planning to rip movies and have music on ur psp i totally reccomend it. For games i would suggest Metal Gear Acid, Dynasty Warriors, any of the NBA games GTA 4 and NFSP (need for speed) Underground or whatever its called
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ItsGavinC said:
I'm still debating as to whether or not I should pick one up, or wait until the PS3 drops.

When is the ps3 due out?
 
I heard the PSP is great. But I can't see dropping all the $$$ for one, so I'm trying to get one free 🙂 You can too (see link below)...
 
If I get one at all, I'll wait until people start trading in the games. $40 for a portable game is pricey for my budget. Also, the current lack of titles available makes it hard to justify $250 for a console.
 
PSP is lusciously cool. I love mine. I really want them to produce something along the lines of Tekken, Virtua Fighter, or Soul Calibur, it'd be really nice with the wifi.
 
My suggestion would be to wait until they have fixed the various problems with the first run of the PSP. The square button has a tendency to fall off there are a few sound problems. Also there is something they are calling the universal pixel problem which from the sounds of it seems to be dead pixels on the screen that move around? I don't get it but that's what people are saying. I'm waiting to see if they get these problems sorted out.
 
^ the dead pixels you are referring to apparently occured in the first batch of Japanese PSPs. And it is the rubber part of the analogue stick was falling off.