sorry i have to....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kamfeets

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know you all probly hate these posts but here goes...
I am graduating early in december and have a gpa of 3.4 and science of around 3.1, I have 300 plus hours of volunteering experience working with handicapped children and 40 plus in a hospital, I am also a CNA. I have not shadowed a podiatrist yet but have been to one as a patient. I have shadowed a PA, dentist, MD, and pharmacist. I am planning on taking the MCAT in september and shadowing a pod the month of August.

My questions are...
1) (of course) what are my chances given i get a decent MCAT score?
2) should i wait to take the MCAT in the spring so I will have a decent amount of time to study after graduation?
3) should I apply in September without my MCAT or wait until I have taken it?

Thanks so much:oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I actually visited one of the podiatry schools and I brought my transcript with me. They basically told me to apply as soon as I get my MCAT score back (I am taking it Aug21 so sending applications Sept21ish). I have very similar stats 3.44 cum 3.0 science with alot of experience as well and they told me 24 or higher should get me in.

may i ask which school you visited? most posts on here say around 20-22 for mcat scores that will get you in.