South College DPT 2020 Start

Started by apdpt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

apdpt

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I was curious to see if anyone else has applied to South College Hybrid DPT 2020 start and has completed their interview. I just submitted mine and feel so-so about it.
 
Hello! I was curious to see if anyone else has applied to South College Hybrid DPT 2020 start and has completed their interview. I just submitted mine and feel so-so about it.
I applied but am currently working out an issue in my application with the school. Was it very similar to the Baylor interview? Good luck!
 
I applied but am currently working out an issue in my application with the school. Was it very similar to the Baylor interview? Good luck!
Yes it was very similar! It was four questions and they were pretty general. I just have a hard time with the format of the interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes it was very similar! It was four questions and they were pretty general. I just have a hard time with the format of the interview.
Yeah, it's nice having a person across from you giving you verbal/non-verbal feedback. Figuring out the perfect thing to say in 2 minutes is also tough.
 
I also interviewed on August 31st and just received an email yesterday stating that my interview, along with my entire application, will be under review and I will hear back about my status in 30 days max.
 
I also interviewed on August 31st and just received an email yesterday stating that my interview, along with my entire application, will be under review and I will hear back about my status in 30 days max.
Have you heard back about your interview? If so how long did it take?
 
Same, haven't heard anything yet. It has been 24 days for me since submitting the interview.
I just heard back from Dr. Mike Jones on the 18th asking if I was planning on remaining employed full-time or if I was going to stop working while in the program. I replied back that same afternoon and informed him I would not be working at all while attending the program. Hoping to hear back soon about being accepted or not now! I interview August 31st and got my first email on September 9th saying I'd be updated within 30 days.
 
I just heard back from Dr. Mike Jones on the 18th asking if I was planning on remaining employed full-time or if I was going to stop working while in the program. I replied back that same afternoon and informed him I would not be working at all while attending the program. Hoping to hear back soon about being accepted or not now! I interview August 31st and got my first email on September 9th saying I'd be updated within 30 days.
That's awesome! I feel like that is a really good sign!
 
Hi everyone! I am planning on applying to south college as well. How long did it take you guys to receive an interview or decision on your application?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I spoke to someone who was accepted to South two day ago, and he said that decisions are being made today... not sure where he got that information from?
 
Okay, thanks! Today marks 30 days for me, so I am debating on whether I should send a follow up email regarding my application status.
Hm... if it were me, I probably would. Sophie really helped me through this process, I’m sure she’d be willing to provide insight for you. Please keep us updated!
 
Hey! I emailed her and she said that today was the due date for early decision decisions to be made, which I did not apply early decision. She also said that she hopes the rest of the applications will be reviewed in a timely manner, so I think they are a bit behind.
 
Hey! I emailed her and she said that today was the due date for early decision decisions to be made, which I did not apply early decision. She also said that she hopes the rest of the applications will be reviewed in a timely manner, so I think they are a bit behind.
Hmmm, good to know. Thank you!
 
OMG! Congrats!
Thanks, I really can't believe it. 3 really tough years in the making, a lot of sacrifices, and a lot of tears finally paid off. I'm waiting to see if Baylor's willing to speed things up because I'd rather go there mainly for the distance aspect of it (drive vs flight) but I'm so so grateful to know I'm going to PT school regardless.

Have you heard anything yet??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks, I really can't believe it. 3 really tough years in the making, a lot of sacrifices, and a lot of tears finally paid off. I'm waiting to see if Baylor's willing to speed things up because I'd rather go there mainly for the distance aspect of it (drive vs flight) but I'm so so grateful to know I'm going to PT school regardless.

Have you heard anything yet??
I have not heard anything! I'm not sure if that's a good sign because I think I interviewed before you... lol. But yeah getting off Baylor's waitlist would be nice!! Do you have to put deposit down for South within a certain amount of days?
 
I have not heard anything! I'm not sure if that's a good sign because I think I interviewed before you... lol. But yeah getting off Baylor's waitlist would be nice!! Do you have to put deposit down for South within a certain amount of days?
It didn't say anything about a deadline in the email so I wrote back to ask.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!
 
It didn't say anything about a deadline in the email so I wrote back to ask.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!
Hi! I also received an acceptance email today. The deposit of $1500 is due within 10 days of receiving the email if you decide to attend. Either way, you have to let them know of your decision within 10 days of attending their program or not. I will be accepting as this was my number one choice of PT schools!

Congrats on your acceptance, hopefully we will be classmates 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad